The job posting, Profile database (“Profile Database”) and other features of the Sites may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees (“Employers”). In addition, professional and personal networking (“Networking”) and Profiles may be used by individuals for permitted professional and personal networking purposes.
When You register as a Member of Dropoutclub, You will be asked to create an account and provide Dropoutclub with certain information including, without limitation, information regarding your professional profile (a “Profile”). All such information, , including without limitation all data, documents, text, photographs, messages or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through a Site, is referred to herein as Your 'Content'.
You agree to: (1) Keep Your password and other login credentials (together, Your “Password”) secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use Your Password to access Your account; (3) refrain from using other Members' accounts; (4) refrain from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring Your Dropoutclub account or any Content of another Dropoutclub user to another party; and (5) refrain from charging anyone for access to any Site, or any information therein. Further, You are responsible for anything that happens through Your account until You close down Your account or prove that Your account security was compromised due to no fault of Your own. To close Your account, please contact email@example.com.
Profiles - Content
Any Content You post, including on your Profile, must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed and You may not include in these fields any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting You.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any Content posted by You on the Sites.
You understand that all of Your Content is Your sole responsibility, and that the Content of other Members is their sole responsibility. Dropoutclub claims no ownership or control over, and disclaims any responsibility or liability for, any Content of any Member. You retain all rights to any Content You post on or through the Sites, and You are responsible for protecting those rights.
By posting Content, You represent and warrant that You are entitled to and have the requisite rights to post the Content and that the Content is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third-party rights. Dropoutclub will have no obligations with respect to the Content You post.
Dropoutclub reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole and absolute discretion. The following is a partial list of Content that is prohibited. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited Content.
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as Content that harasses, abuses, incites harassment or abuse, or advocates harassment or abuse, or that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- includes any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail,' 'spam,' 'chain letters,' 'pyramid schemes,' 'phishing,' unsolicited mass mailing or any other form of unauthorized communication;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; or
- provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating any media.
Sites, Services and Content
Dropoutclub's mission is to connect the world's biomedical professionals and to provide You a means to find employment opportunities.
The “Services” are the applications and services offered on the Dropoutclub Sites, including (1) an on-line service to post and search employment opportunities and any application and/or mobile or other interface that allows You to access such application; (2) on-line communities and communication tools designed to facilitate valuable communication among users of the Sites (“Members”), and (3) on-line tools that allow Members to create individual profiles, which may include personal information (”Profiles”), and to make these Profiles, or aspects thereof, available to Employers and other Members.
Additionally, You grant Dropoutclub and its Members and Employers a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right and license to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any Content You post to a Site, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to You or to any third parties. Any Content You post to a Site is at Your own risk of loss. Dropoutclub will discontinue this licensed use within a commercially reasonable period after such Content is removed from the Sites.
You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant the license stated above, or that the holder of any rights, including moral rights, in such content has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant such license. If You post Content to any Site, You also permit any Member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such Content placed on any Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such Content.
In order to protect our Members and Employers from commercial advertising or solicitation, Dropoutclub reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails or other messages which a Member or an Employer may send to other Members to a number which Dropoutclub deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Dropoutclub offers various forums such as local Chapter forums as well as Member-initiated forum discussions, where You can communicate with individuals and groups. Please note that ideas You post and Content You share may be seen and used by other Members, and Dropoutclub cannot guarantee that other Members will not use the ideas and information that You post on Dropoutclub. Therefore, if You have an idea or information that You would like to keep confidential and/or don't want others to use, or that is subject to third-party rights that may be infringed by Your sharing it, do not post it on Dropoutclub. DROPOUTCLUB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER'S USE, MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON A DROPOUTCLUB SITE.
If You use the Sites through a mobile device, You agree that information about Your use of the Sites through Your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to Your mobile carrier, Your mobile device, or Your physical location. In addition, use of the Sites through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through Your mobile device. By accessing the Sites using a mobile device, You represent that to the extent You import any of Your Content to Your mobile device that You have authority to share the Content with Your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event You change or deactivate Your mobile account, You must promptly update Your Dropoutclub account information to ensure that Your messages are not sent to the person that acquires Your old number; failure to do so is Your responsibility. You acknowledge that You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the Sites through Your mobile access provider.
General Rules Regarding the Use of the Sites and Services
All Dropoutclub Members agree to:
- comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to us (including in Your Profile) and update it as necessary;
- protect sensitive personal information such as Your Password, email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- review and comply with notices sent by Dropoutclub concerning the Services; and
- use the Sites in a professional manner.
All Dropoutclub Members agree not to:
- use the Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, resume, or Job Posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person, as determined in Dropoutclub’s sole and absolute discretion;
- attempt to interfere with service to any Member, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of introducing a virus to any Site, overloading, flooding', 'spamming', 'mailbombing' or 'crashing; or otherwise taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Sites’ servers or other infrastructure;
- introduce any software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of Dropoutclub or any Member of Dropoutclub;
- use any device to navigate or search any Site other than the tools available on the Site, generally available third-party web browsers, or other tools explicitly approved by Dropoutclub;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, other means or processes to access, 'scrape,' 'crawl' or 'spider' any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- violate or attempt to violate the security of any Site, including by attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
- engage in 'framing,' 'mirroring,' or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Dropoutclub's website;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property accessed on a Site or used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Dropoutclub Content or information available from any Site, including expired Job Postings;
- post any content or material of a commercial nature that promotes a particular product or service, particularly in any forum;
- publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in fields not so designated).
- • act dishonestly or unprofessionally by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to Dropoutclub;
- falsely state, impersonate or otherwise misrepresent Your identity, including but not limited to misrepresenting Your current or previous positions and qualifications, or Your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present, or otherwise posting any false or inaccurate biographical information;
- upload a profile image that is not Your likeness or a head-shot photo;
- imply or state, directly or indirectly, that You are affiliated with or endorsed by Dropoutclub;
- use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the user, or create a false identity on Dropoutclub;
- post, delete or modify any Content, Profile or other material posted by another Member, or post any Content that is not Your own;
- apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- share with a third party any Password;
- solicit Passwords or personally identifiable information from other Members;
- access data not intended for You, or log into a server or account that You are not authorized to access;
- send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any Member, or contact any Members that have specifically requested not to be contacted by You;
- promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such by as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- post information that You do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringe upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on the Sites (excluding content posted by You);
- rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/resell access to Dropoutclub or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- adapt, modify or create derivative works based on Dropoutclub or technology underlying the Services, or other Members' content, in whole or part;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Sites, including those of both Dropoutclub and any of its licensors;
- infringe or use Dropoutclub's brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word 'Dropoutclub' in any business name, email, or URL or including Dropoutclub's trademarks and logos or as expressly permitted by Dropoutclub;
- access, via automated or manual means or processes, Dropoutclub for purposes of monitoring Dropoutclub's availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose; or
- use the Dropoutclub Content or Profiles to determine a consumer's eligibility for: (a) credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; (b) employment; or (c) a government license or benefit.
Members who post employment opportunities on a Site (“Employers;” such postings, “Job Postings”) are solely responsible for their Job Postings on the Sites. Dropoutclub is not responsible for the content of any Job Postings, the bona fides of any Employer or Job Posting or for any employment decision, for whatever reason, made by any Employer posting jobs on any Site
A Job Posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks (except to the Employer’s own website or a site the Employer designates on their behalf, specifically for the purpose of applying for jobs);
- misleading, unreadable, or 'hidden' keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the Job Posting, as determined in Dropoutclub’s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of the Employer (or, in the case of a recruiter, Your customer);
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description; or
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information.
An Employer may not use Job Postings to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a Job Posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- use a Member’s Profile to determine the Member’s eligibility for credit or insurance or a government license of benefit;
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of Dropoutclub or post jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with Dropoutclub;
- sell, promote or advertise commercial products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an up front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other Members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- post any business opportunity that pays commissions only, unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment which is generally indicated by the employer’s use of IRS forms W-2 or 1099;
- post jobs for modeling, acting, talent or entertainment agencies or talent scouting positions;
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy;
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- promote a particular religion;
- post jobs located in countries subject to economic sanctions of the United States Government; and
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs that require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union (v) physical or mental health (vi) sexual life (vii) commission of criminal offences or proceedings, (vii) age, or (viii) any other information the gathering of which by an Employer or prospective Employer would, or would reasonably be anticipated to, violate applicable law.
Dropoutclub reserves the right to reject or remove any Job Posting or content from any Site that, in Dropoutclub’s sole and absolute discretion, does not comply with the above rules, or if any content is posted that Dropoutclub believes is not in the best interest of Dropoutclub or its Members.
Member Profiles and Resumes
You shall take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the Content You have obtained from Members, their Profiles and Resumes from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
In order to ensure a safe and effective experience for all of our Members, Dropoutclub reserves the right to limit the amount of data that may be accessed by You in any given time period. These limits may be amended in Dropoutclub’s sole and absolute discretion from time to time.
In order to protect Members from commercial advertising or solicitation, Dropoutclub reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails that an Employer may send to Members to a number that Dropoutclub deems appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, Employers may not contact Members for the purpose of soliciting employment opportunities not otherwise contained in a Job Posting.
Job Posting Terms
These Posting Terms were updated effective April 2015.
These Job Posting Terms set forth certain terms under which you ('You') may post Job Postings to the websites maintained by Dropout Club, including www.dropoutclub.org (all of such websites, the “Sites”). Dropoutclub may revise these Job Posting Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Job Posting Terms because they are binding on You.
These Job Posting Terms constitute a binding agreement between You and Dropoutclub, LLC, and are deemed accepted by You each time that You post any Job Posting or otherwise use or access any Site for the purpose of posting, editing or deleting a Job Posting, or of monitoring responses by Members to the Job Posting. If You do not accept the Job Posting Terms stated here, do not post any Job Posting.
By posting a Job Posting, you consent to the inclusion of your company name and logo in any list of Employers maintained and publicized by Dropoutclub, and such Job Posting constitutes a license to Dropoutclub to do so. If you refuse to grant this consent and license, you can opt out of the inclusion of your company name and logo by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers who submit Job Postings must pay the fees as stated on our website. Each Employer permits Dropoutclub to store Your payment card information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for Job Postings as they become due, plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. All fees and charges are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
Intellectual Property and Ownership
The contents of the Sites, such as designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other Dropoutclub content (collectively, 'Dropoutclub Content'), are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. All Dropoutclub Content is the property of Dropoutclub or its licensors. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Sites is the exclusive property of Dropoutclub and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of the Dropoutclub Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Dropoutclub Content on any authorized copy You make of the Dropoutclub Content.
You agree not to sell or modify the Dropoutclub Content or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Dropoutclub Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of the Sites, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Dropoutclub or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Dropoutclub's or its licensor’s property, or that otherwise infringes Dropoutclub's or its licensor’s intellectual property rights. The use of the Dropoutclub Content on any other application, website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Dropoutclub, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleged to result from (i) any Content or other material You post to any Site, (ii) Your use of any Dropoutclub Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. Dropoutclub shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
Disclaimers of Warranties
Do not rely on Dropoutclub, any information therein, or its continuation. We provide only the platform for Dropoutclub; all information and services on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. The Content posted on the Sites is submitted by Members, and Dropoutclub cannot guarantee the accuracy of such Content. Access to the Sites and use of the Services by You is conditioned upon Your agreement that all of the Content, including Profile data, of other Members is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dropoutclub and other Members for Your use or reliance on such Content.
Dropoutclub does not control or vet Member Content for accuracy, and does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of Content or any other communications posted by Members, nor does Dropoutclub endorse any opinions expressed by Members. ALL MEMBER CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY DROUPOUTCLUB. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON CONTENT POSTED BY OTHER MEMBERS WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Dropoutclub does not guarantee that the Sites or Services will function without interruption or errors in functioning. In particular, the operation of the Sites or Services might be interrupted due to maintenance, updates, or system or network failures. Dropoutclub disclaims all liability for damages caused by any such interruption or errors in functioning. Furthermore, Dropoutclub disclaims all liability for any malfunctioning, impossibility of access, or poor use conditions of the Sites or the Services due to inappropriate equipment, disturbances related to internet service providers, to the saturation of the internet network, or for any other reason.
THE DROPOUTCLUB SITES AND DROPOUTCLUB CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. DROPOUTCLUB, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DROPOUTCLUB MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE DROPOUTCLUB CONTENT, THE SITES OR THE SERVICES.
Dropoutclub is not responsible, and makes no representations or warranties for the delivery of any messages sent through Dropoutclub to anyone. In addition, we neither warrant nor represent that Your use of the Service will not infringe the rights of third parties. Any material, service, or technology described or used on the Sites may be subject to intellectual property rights owned by third parties who have licensed such material, service, or technology to us.
The Sites act as, among other things, venues for (i) employers to post job opportunities and search for and evaluate job candidates and (ii) candidates to post resumes and Profiles and search for and evaluate job opportunities. Dropoutclub is not involved in, does not control, and is in no way responsible for any transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, Dropoutclub is not responsible for Content, the quality, safety or legality of the Job Postings or Profiles or other Content, the truth or accuracy of the Job Postings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings, and Dropoutclub makes no representations about any Job Postings or Content on the Sites. If notified of any Content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, Dropoutclub may in its sole and absolute discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to remove the Content. While Dropoutclub reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove Content, Job Postings or other material from the Sites from time to time, Dropoutclub does not assume any obligation to do so and, to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
Dropoutclub forums provide a venue for individuals to network for professional and personal purposes and Dropoutclub does not screen or censor the Profiles or Content on the Sites. Dropoutclub is not involved in, does not control, and is in no way responsible for any communications between Members. Dropoutclub has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Profiles or Content submitted on the Sites and makes no representations about any Profile or Content on the Sites.
Note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom You come in contact through the Sites. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and common sense when using the Sites.
Because Member authentication on the Internet is difficult, Dropoutclub cannot and does not confirm that each Member is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in, control or be responsible for Member-to-Member dealings or control the behavior of participants on any Site, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Members, You release Dropoutclub (and our agents and employees) from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sites and the Dropoutclub Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Dropoutclub makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Site or the Dropoutclub Content. The use of all Sites and the Dropoutclub Content is at Your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Sites and may be made at any time. Dropoutclub cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of any Site. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a Member from Dropoutclub or through or from any Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Dropoutclub encourages You to keep a back-up copy of Your Content. In no event shall Dropoutclub be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorized modification of any Content.
Dropoutclub makes no claims or representations that the Dropoutclub Content may be lawfully viewed or accessed outside of the United States. Access to the Dropoutclub Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If You access any Site You do so at Your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your jurisdiction. Any software downloaded from any Site is further subject to United States export control laws, and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or (ii) to any individual or entity on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using such software, You represent and warrant that You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country, individual, or entity on any such list.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF DROPOUTCLUB AND ITS EMPLOYEES, LLC MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, MANAGERS, DIRECTORS AND AGENTS (“AFFILIATES”) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DROPOUTCLUB SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE DROPOUTCLUB CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, WILL NOT EXCEED $10.00. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it the terms and prices charged would be different.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL DROPOUTCLUB OR ANY AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY DROPOUTCLUB SITE AND THE DROPOUTCLUB CONTENT.
This limitation of liability shall apply regardless of whether (1) You base Your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory, (2) we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or (3) the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose.
You may terminate Your Dropoutclub account, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to Dropoutclub. This notice will be effective upon Dropoutclub processing Your notice. Dropoutclub may terminate Your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This termination shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in a notice. Termination of Your Dropoutclub account includes disabling Your access to Dropoutclub and may also bar You from any future use of the Services.
Dropoutclub reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Content after a significant duration of inactivity.
If at any time during Your use of the Services, You make a misrepresentation of fact to Dropoutclub or otherwise mislead Dropoutclub in regards to the nature of Your business activities, Dropoutclub will have grounds to terminate Your use of the Services.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your Dropoutclub account or Your Dropoutclub account is terminated, all Your account information from Dropoutclub, including resumes, Profiles, and cover letters, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Dropoutclub's databases and removed from any public area of the Sites. Content may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Dropoutclub’s web servers. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Content. It is Your responsibility to copy Your account information prior to terminating Your account
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ('ADR') provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Dropoutclub respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Members and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owners’ rights. As a condition to Your use of the Sites, You agree not to use any Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way.
It is our policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ('DMCA'). If you believe that your work is accessible on our Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”) the following information in writing: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where such material is located on the Site; (4) your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (5) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Agent can be reached at: email@example.com.
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Dropoutclub and its Affiliates that copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Dropoutclub's rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Dropoutclub has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Dropoutclub's sole and absolute discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Dropoutclub may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Sites and Services and/or terminate the accounts of any Members who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against You, please contact Dropoutclub as set forth above.