Worksite Clinic Physician - (Part-Time)
Remote/Flexible | Richland, WA
***This position is NOT remote, but if you are thinking of relocating to the Northwest (Washington State) area, please respond***
Medcor is seeking a Board Certified Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Occupational Health, Emergency Medicine, OR Urgent Care Physician (some occupational health experience a plus) for an on-site clinic in Richland, WA. This position involves 20-30 hours per week of onsite presence seeing patients, participating in meetings and committees, and providing direct supervision and oversight for Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Medical Assistants.
Scope of Services
The scope of services provided in this clinic includes treatment of workers’ compensation injuries and illness, regulatory exams, surveillance programs, episodic and urgent care, limited primary care, and preventive services. Basic point-of-care lab work and limited prescription dispensing is available on-site. Clinic hours are Monday – Thursday, 6:00am – 8:00pm.
Duties and Responsibilities of Site Physician:
- Apply Department of Energy Directive: 10 CFR 851, Worker Health & Safety
- 20 Hours of onsite work (physical presence at clinic) seeing patients, participating in meetings and committees, and providing direct supervision and oversight for Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners. (Apply Department of Energy Directive: 10 CFR 851, Worker Health & Safety).
- Participate in meetings and committees as requested
- Provide medical supervision and mentorship of the PA/NP(s) at the clinic(s)
- Become familiar with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries Medical Treatment Guidelines
- Apply for and become a Washington State Department of Labor and Industries Network Provider
- Become a Certified DOT Medical Examiner
- Provide assessment and treatment of work-related illnesses and injuries
- Provide urgent care of non-work-related injuries and illnesses as best supports site activities
- Provide initial evaluation and stabilization of patients who present with illnesses or injuries that require a higher level of care or EMS transport
- Direction of the medical practice of the PA/NP
- Consultation as needed with the clinic’s PA or NP
- Recognition of the PA/NP’s education needs and help in meeting those needs
- Provide emergency medical treatment
- Act as on-site medical control for emergency response by the clinics
- Conduct employee medical certification and surveillance evaluations
- Assist with emergency response activities
- Implement standing orders
- Staff physician will serve as acting SOMD during absences or as delegated; completing/fulfilling any or all SOMD functions as capable.
- If the provider is a PA, the physician and PA will execute and file a practice plan acceptable to the state Board of Medicine or Board of Physician Assistant practice
- If the provider is an NP, the physician and NP will execute a collaboration agreement
- The Medcor practice plan agreement is used if there is no state-specified practice plan template
Physician Availability to the PA/NP/Nurse:
- It is imperative, however, that the PA/NP and the oversight physician are in contact as needed by telephone at all hours of the practice, including any on-call responsibilities of the PA/NP
- Physician will be available by telephone at all hours of practice, including any on-call responsibilities of Nurse.
- Physician’s week: 20 hours seeing patients and on call during clinic hours.
You Must Have
- Board Certification in any of the following: Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Occupational Health, Emergency Medicine, or Urgent Care.
- A valid and unrestricted medical license in Washington state
- A current and unrestricted DEA registration and, as applicable, state-controlled substances registration
- A current BLS certification
- A positive outlook and be a collaborative team player
- A commitment to go above and beyond for excellent customer service
- Be comfortable and productive working with computers and EMR software.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills – with patients, clients and colleagues.
- Have Occupational Health and Workers’ Compensation experience (not required, but a plus)
At Medcor, the Triple Aim drives clinical care, optimal outcomes, reduced cost and enhanced patient experience. We strive to provide the right clinical services to the right patients at the right time and place in a caring and professional manner.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!