Vp Clinical Programs
Remote/Flexible | Philadelphia, PA
Cayaba Care is building support services to reimagine how we manage acute illness and improve outcomes in complex populations. The US is one of the most dangerous developed countries to give birth and these poor maternal-fetal outcomes disproportionately impact women of color and underserved populations across major US cities. Our team is focused on closing this gap through a combination of clinical and non-clinical services delivered in-home or in-office. Cayaba's care model focuses on integration not a replacement of patients’ primary Obstetric provider and reducing any barriers to the patient receiving the recommended care. We are a multi-disciplinary team and recognize the importance of behavioral health to overall health.
About the Job
Cayaba is seeking a VP of Clinical Programs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to serve low-income families, building innovative solutions to improve outcomes, and value-based care. The candidate will have completed an ACGME accredited residency (OB-GYN or Family Medicine, preferred) and have administrative clinical experiences. This role will play a critical role in building clinical programs as well as supporting Cayaba Partnership and Marketing teams. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a clinical leader capable of building relationships with health systems, large OB-midwives provider groups, Medical Associations and other key partners to position Cayaba Care as a leader in the space.
You will be a good fit for Cayaba Care if you:
- Have a passion for doing impactful work and improving maternal and newborn outcomes
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and build in fast-paced startup environments
- Have a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Are a strong communicator, people manager, coach, and excellent clinician.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse team with different skill sets
- Have a strong belief in home-based or other innovative delivery approaches to disrupt or improve our current traditional delivery models.
What You’ll Do
- Clinical program development to incorporate home-based/telemedicine to delivery of maternity care
- Track clinical program metrics, including quality and patient experience to ensure clinical programs are delivering value to patients and partners
- Support Cayaba Partnership teams in communicating the Cayaba Care model to health systems, payers, ACOs, and other partners.
- Manage provider teams and local Medical Directors to ensure care team is executing on clinical programs
- Support Cayaba Marketing team to develop marketing collaterals for patients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Support Cayaba Product-Technology teams in developing technology solutions for patients and care teams
- Identify conferences and other opportunities to emphasize importance of innovative delivery models to improve outcomes and position Cayaba Care as leader in the space
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the healthcare industry including key customers and competitor organizations. Keeps informed about significant regulatory changes impacting Cayaba business.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required
Who are you?
Education: MD, DO, Board-certified (OB-GYN/Family Medicine a plus), Active medical license. MBA a plus.
- 7 - 10 years experience in clinical practice post-completion of ACGME approved residency program experience
- 2 - 3 years of experience in value-based care and population health
- Clinical administrative experience a plus
- Start-up experience and demonstrated experience in managing teams is a plus.
- Intermediate capabilities using Google Workplace, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and MailChimp.
Why should you join?
A career at Cayaba Care is an opportunity to work on an important issue facing families today - our country’s maternal and fetal health crisis. Our team of clinicians is working together to help improve health outcomes in underserved populations. Opportunities for advancement with increasing administrative or management opportunities. At Cayaba Care, we are focused on building a company where individuals from all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to our mission. Competitive compensation and benefits.
What do you get?
Hours: Full-time preferred, No overnights/call.
Salary: Competitive with market and level of experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life insurance, 401K