Vice President Medical Affairs
San Francisco, CA
Do you believe in preventive care and in patients becoming proactive owners of their health?
Do you believe in the transformative power of HealthTech and the new patient-centric care models?
Do you want to build the Clinic of the Future?
Do you feel like you have the DNA of both an MD and an entrepreneur?
Do you combine a Tier-1 US MD education with an outstanding MBA, or a HealthTech startup experience, or a Management Consulting experience?
Do you want to be a builder in the next wave of preventive care innovation?
Are you a passionate person?
If you’re nodding along, this role was designed exactly for you!
Every year, 44M adults have an Annual Physical, yet fewer than 10% have done all recommend 17 “high-priority” preventative exams. And 60% of people die for stupid reasons: perfectly detectable and risk-manageable diseases.
Pulse is changing that. We build the Clinic of the Future, 100% committed to Total-Health Checkups, to equip anybidy to self-pilot her/his own health & wellness, and prevent, rather than treat, killer-diseases.
We are already:
- Endorsed by 2 Presidents of SF Medical Society (doing real work. Not just pictures a deck)
- Partner to the world largest Preventive Research cohort (200k participants)
- Supported by 3 MD-Professors (Harvard, Columbia, Yale, UPenn) and a UCSF-CMO
As an independent, checkup-focused clinic, we can advise patients without conflict of interest, ensuring patients are always put first. Our holistic approach combines the full spectrum of medical specialties with technology, imagery, labs, innovative protocols and data-science to provide patients with a clear insight into their health. All in a highly hospital environment. There are no gimmicks, no gadgets, no shortcuts, and no BS.
While Pulse will only be accessible to a small percentage of patients to start, we are committed to making total-body checkups accessible to the broadest population possible, and ultimately build the ‘Bloomberg Terminal’ of Health.
We are also committed to donating 1% of our revenues to preventive R&D and Actions, offering 1000 free checkups to the less fortunate, offsetting our carbon footprint, and more.
Pulse is for people who like people. All people. We embrace differences and welcome weirdness. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
As our 1st VP of Medical Affairs, part of our Founding team, you will:
- Participate in the thrills and excitement to build a company and the clinic of the Future from the ground up.
- Conceive, design and implement extraordinary Total-Health Checkups
- Work hand in hand with our CEO to build our first SF Clinic.
- Be part of Pulse's product building team, working hands in hands with our CEO and our Head of Digital Experience to build the best Patient experience across all touch points
- Reinvent Patient Digital Health Reports and continous Health monitoring and improvement
- Identify and help hire an outstanding Physician team
- Lead the advancement of the company’s knowledge, science and expertise to establish Pulse as the Checkup Gold Standard; Build the greatest Total-Health database and be a leading thinker and contributor to Preventive Medicine
- Take responsibility and charge of the company’s Medical projects and tasks
- Embody and uphold the highest medical and ethical standards
- Grow your responsabilities, goalsn challenges and team along our fast growth and geographical expansion
Tier-1 MD academic record (Harvard, Yale, Johns Hokins, Stanford, UCSF, etc)
- Ideally: General or Internal Medicine ; Cardiology ; Surgery ; Functional Medecine, LIfestyle Medicine
- Possible: Radiology ; Oncology ; Epidemiology
American Medical Board Certified - California Medical License.
Completed Residency (or soon to be. Part-time ramp up possible)
Ideally min 3 years of clinical experience
Patient-clinic / Consultation oriented (rather than Pharma, or Medical Devices, or LifeScience, etc)
- Tier-1 MBA
- or Min 2 years successfull experience at McKinsey, Bain, BCG or equivalent
- or Business / Management experience in a HealthTec startup or equivalent
- or Clinical product development projects
Attractive package including equity
Full benefit package.
Don't think twice, apply! We are inventing the Clinic of the Future!