Venbio Partners Fellowship Program
San Francisco, CA
venBio Partners is a life science venture capital firm focused on the development of novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs. Founded in 2011, the firm is currently investing out of Fund III. We invest in promising biotechnology companies at various stages—from early to late stage, and from academic startups to pharmaceutical company spinouts. We make all investments as a team; every member of our firm is involved in every investment that we make.
We are recruiting entrepreneurial scientists, clinicians, and students to join our small group as Fellows. During the fellowship program, Fellows will work alongside us to perform scientific and business-related diligence on new investment opportunities. Fellows will gain exposure to all aspects of our investment process.
Fellowship Program Details
- Fellows will participate in and support the venBio investment process including opportunity identification, due diligence (evaluation of scientific and clinical data, unmet medical need, commercial and competitive landscape, intellectual property, business plan, etc.), and company creation.
- The fellowship program will run for approximately 10 weeks at our Mission Bay office in San Francisco.
- Specific hours and start date are flexible.
- Fellows will receive a stipend.
- We expect longer term opportunities to be available, as well as part-time roles.
- PhD and/or MD is required. Students nearing graduation from a PhD or MD program, post-docs, residents, and clinical fellows are encouraged to apply.
- Strong translational research focus is favorable.
- Relevant work experience in management consulting, finance, or in an operating role at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is a plus but not required.
- Exceptional intelligence and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented personality with self-starter attitude and the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic, and commitment.
- Low-ego team player who enjoys working in a collaborative firm culture.
- Please submit your CV here.
- We want to learn what innovations you are most enthusiastic about. Appended to the same document as your CV, please tell us about the biotechnology company that you would start if you were given $50M. Please keep your answer to 1-2 paragraphs.