Usmle Coach Position
The USMLE Guys
Multiple | Remote/Flexible
The USMLE Guys are looking for a highly motivated MD to join our team as a USMLE Coach. As a USMLE Coach, you’ll be working with students in small groups and 1-on-1 to help them prepare for the Step 1 & Step 2 CK exams. This is a position with long-term growth potential for the right candidate.
Some of the high-level responsibilities you’ll have include:
- Meet with small groups of students to host USMLE test-taking strategy sessions
- Helping students create study plans based on individual needs
- Meet with students 1-on-1 to coach them through their struggles (USMLE questions, test-taking difficulties, study plan creation)
- Familiarizing yourself with the materials we use when working with students
- Follow ups with students by email and text message (through company-provided tools)
The ideal candidate for this position possesses the following qualities:
- Enjoys working with people
- Is highly organized and able to work independently
- Is eager to learn and work with medical students
- Is good following up with people and keeping track of their progress
- Is open to constructive feedback
- Knows how to motivate and inspire others to achieve their goals
- Is a self-starter
- Is looking for a career outside of clinical practice (has either finished residency, decided to forego residency, or is looking to move away from clinical work)
- Must have a passing score on the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK exams
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interacting with people remotely
- A passing score on Step 3 is an asset
- Located in and authorized to work in the US
This position will start as part time and eventually move into full-time, Monday-Friday, with some Saturday mornings potentially required. Core hours for this position are 10 AM - 3 PM Central. We will consider applications for full time work as well.
If you think you’re a good fit for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 CK results. Please also include your time zone and your availability (failure to submit this relevant information will result in disqualification from a potential interview).
Annualized salary $70,000 USD + performance bonuses.