Therapeutics Analyst (Long/Short Equity Hedge Fund)
Atika Capital Management, LLC
New York, NY
Job Description: $400mm long/short equity hedge fund is looking for a full time therapeutics analyst to join our team. The analyst will support the Portfolio Manager (industry veteran with 20+ years of experience) in all activities, following existing investments and identifying investment candidates via proprietary research within the drug sector with a primary focus on biotech.
Research will involve attending medical meetings, company presentations and conferences, interviewing industry experts, writing and conducting surveys, and analyzing a range of sources (clinical trial results, scientific journals, SEC filings, call transcripts, etc.) to propose differentiated investment ideas and insights. S/he will be expected to build company-specific financial models in Excel and collate and present findings to our Portfolio Manager in an organized and timely manner.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates should possess a combination of analytical skills and have both finance and healthcare experience. We are looking for candidates with the following credentials and qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top-tier university and a strong therapeutics background (advanced medical degree—PhD, MD, etc.—preferred)
- 2+ years buyside or sellside experience in healthcare
- Strong accounting and financial modeling skills
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Motivation, resourcefulness, and a ‘self-starter’ attitude
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- The highest standards of honesty and professionalism
Application Requirements: Please submit your cover letter, current CV/resume and contact details. Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample or to create an Excel model.
About us: Atika Capital Management, LLC (ACM) was founded by Portfolio Manager, Brad Farber, in February 2013. ACM employs a long/short equity strategy and focus on the healthcare, technology/media/telecom and consumer sectors.