Verition Fund Management LLC
New York, NY
We are looking for an Analyst to support a Portfolio Manager in the fundamental analysis of biotech and pharmaceutical companies. Prior investment experience is not required. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with scientific/medical background and/or relevant healthcare experience who are passionate about healthcare investing. Over time successful analysts could be given the opportunity to grow within the team/fund.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of various therapeutic areas and/or pipeline & marketed drugs, including:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret scientific and clinical data.
- Build market/product/valuation models.
- Conduct financial diligence, including analysis of SEC filings, quarterly earnings calls, and building financial/valuation models.
- Attend sell-side and medical conferences.
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences-related disciplines preferred (M.D., Ph.D., or M.S.). Candidates without advanced degrees will be considered if they have a demonstrated interest and/or experience in the biopharma industry
- 1-2 years of experience in the biopharma industry, healthcare consulting, investment banking, sell-side research and/or buy-side experience preferred, but not required
- Exceptional conceptual and quantitative analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of basic accounting and financial modeling (CFA level 1 equivalent).
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity and a strong work ethic.
- Good oral and written communication.
- All candidates should submit their standardized test scores, including scores on each component and percentile ranking (SAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, etc).
- All candidates should submit their GPA in college and graduate school.