San Diego, CA
Boxer Capital is seeking a full-time Technical Writer to join our biotechnology investment team in San Diego. Boxer Capital is a healthcare-focused investment firm whose mission is to identify biotechnology companies that aim to drastically improve medicine. Our goal is to recognize innovation in biotechnology and aggressively pursue investment opportunities. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about understanding novel therapies, targeting unmet medical needs, and who desires to learn more about investing in biotechnology. Please note that this is NOT an investing role.
The Technical Writer at Boxer Capital will support our research efforts by compiling, organizing, and condensing detailed scientific and medical data into written product. This individual will also be tasked with assisting the investment team in areas of active diligence, which include documenting internal investment discussions, medical meetings and key opinion leader discussions. The Technical Writer is encouraged to aid in optimizing our processes around data collection and organization by identifying inefficiencies and proposing solutions.
This role is to be based with our team in San Diego, CA.
Main Responsibilities of the Technical Writer include:
- Writing and summarizing technical content in a timely and proficient manner
- Distilling key research findings and synthesizing content generated by the Boxer Capital team into written work that is both detail-focused and engaging
- Attending and documenting meetings, conferences and key opinion leader discussions in great technical detail
- Assisting with scientific and medical data collection and archival
- Maintaining an understanding of current trends and being able to thoughtfully speak on the latest developments in the healthcare sector
- Working collaboratively across internal teams
Preferred qualifications include:
- Degree in a life science field is required
- 1-3 years professional experience in the medical, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry
- 1-3 years of experience in technical writing and editing (graduate work qualifies)
- A passion for science and medicine with strong desire to learn about the biotechnology investing industry
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and excellent prioritization skills to manage projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- The ability to work both independently and in teams
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent analytical and communication skills
The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $90,000-$125,000
The compensation for this position may include overtime and a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. Boxer Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
About Boxer Capital:
Boxer Capital, LLC, is a private biotechnology investment fund based in San Diego, California that invents and invests in new therapeutics across multiple indications to create value through improved patient care and outcomes. Founded in 2005, Boxer Capital invests in private and public companies representing the entire drug development lifecycle - from early-stage pre-clinical discovery assets to late-stage clinical and commercial stage companies. Through disciplined analysis, our research and investment team identify opportunities to invest throughout the business life-cycle - from long term positions with mature biotechnology companies that have strong leadership and high growth potential, to building new biotechnology companies from the ground up.