Remote/Flexible | San Francisco, CA
Exavir Therapeutics is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing long-acting treatment and prophylaxis agents and curative strategies for HIV and other viruses. The company is backed by AlleyCorp and Gilead Sciences, the market leader in HIV and virology.
HIV remains an enormous health burden with nearly 40 million people infected worldwide and $30 billion of annual drug sales. Exavir is pursuing a change in the paradigm of daily oral therapy to ultra-long-acting injectables that can reduce stigma, improve adherence, quality of life, safety, and efficacy for people living with or at risk of acquiring HIV.
Exavir is seeking a highly motivated individual that can serve as a jack of all trades to help build the company’s team and operations as development programs move into the clinic. This individual will be responsible for managing critical aspects of the business and serve as a leader in a rapidly growing organization.
Compensation is competitive and will include salary, bonus, and equity. Work options are flexible but San Francisco based individuals are highly preferred.
- 1-5 years of experience in relevant field including biotechnology, medical devices, venture capital, or other financial experience in the healthcare field
- Scientific degree in relevant field (e.g. MD or PhD in virology) or MBA from top tier business school are highly preferred
- Familiarity with drug development and biopharmaceutical industry are highly preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and financial accounting, as well as legal and financing documentation around Start-Ups / Venture Capital
- Passionate about drug development and HIV field / virology
- Strong communicator and highly organized
- Project management of development activities, including keeping track of key deadlines and following up with responsible contractors and stakeholders
- Hiring of additional executive team members and employees to carry forward business and development activities
- Helping craft Company strategy and messaging and outreach to investors and business development partners
- Maintaining an up-to-date budget and keeping track of company finances, including management of contractor billing and price negotiations
- Organizing media engagements and press releases around key milestones and business development activities
- Managing day-to-day paperwork for the Company including employment contracts and benefits, company taxes, and other legal documents