Summer Analyst - Healthcare
Eventide Asset Management
Summer Analyst – Healthcare
This position is based in Boston, MA.
Eventide is a growing, mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, our colleagues, and our world. We’re striving to make the world rejoice by intentionally investing in great businesses.
Eventide is looking for a Summer Analyst to join the team, covering healthcare, specifically in the life science tools and/or medical technology space. The Summer Analyst will make investment recommendations that fit within Eventide’s Business 360 philosophy and screens; contributes to Eventide’s collaborative investment process by sharing views with investment team; assists portfolio managers by providing input on portfolio strategy, portfolio construction, and opinions on securities covered by other members of the investment team; and reviews investment operations, policies, and procedures and recommends changes to increase efficiency. The analyst is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of investment analysis and valuation and has demonstrated interest in investing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative fundamental research on healthcare companies and their relevant industries, specifically through the following activities:
- Analyzing industry structures, business models, sustainable competitive advantages, management team quality, and investment risks
- Identifying Business 360 strengths and weaknesses for the six key stakeholders
- Building financial models and value companies based on base, bear and bull scenarios
- Speaking with management teams, sell side analysts and industry experts
- Making investment recommendations to the portfolio manager
- Present investment recommendations to the investment team verbally, and in written form
- Provide input on portfolio holdings that are covered by other investment team members
- Related duties and adhoc research projects as assigned
- Pursuing MBA or related advanced degree
- Excellent research, financial modeling, analytical, and valuation skills
- Passion for and commitment to Eventide’s mission and investment philosophy
- Demonstrates commitment to Eventide’s core values of excellence, integrity, and family spirit in execution of duties and decision-making
- Collaborative with the ability to work well within a team and across departments
- Ability to work within compliance of Eventide’s Code of Ethics
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.