Stem Cell Biologist
New Age Meats
New Age Meats is a Berkeley based cultivated meat company. We create delicious meat made from animal cells instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth. We’re excited to bring the best automation and data science practices into stem cell biology — developing enhanced cell lines, media, and bioreactor scaling — to bring cultivated meat to market faster and more affordably.
We are looking for a stem cell biologist responsible for cell line creation. You would be an integral early part of our science team, helping us form our long-term direction.
- Deriving and maintaining mammalian cell lines
- Formulating culture media
- Conducting genetic engineering of cells
- Offering strategic scientific inputs for long term data acquisition and analysis methods
- Analyzing data and presenting results in internal and external meetings
- Ph.D. in Stem Cell Biology or related discipline (or equivalent experience – e.g. 4 years in the industry)
- Experience with adipogenesis
- Experience with cell line development
- Experience working with stem cells and iPSCs
- Experience working with mammalian cells (preferably pig)
- Experience working with bioreactors
- Comfortable in utilizing gene editing techniques (CRISPR, lentiviral transductions)