Sr Manager/Associate Corporate Strategy, Operations & Partnerships
Pledge Therapeutics is a drug discovery engine combining a robust technical platform with an innovative business model. We are headquartered in the Greater Boston area with a sister site in Belgium. Pledge is founded by a group of preeminent drug discovery scientists and veteran biotech entrepreneurs with a track record of venture development. Our transatlantic team oversees the advancement of high-value drug discovery programs across various therapeutic indications. We are developing multiple, first-in-class, small molecule medicines against challenging drug targets across oncology, viral, and immune diseases.
Our efforts have given rise to a constellation of exciting discoveries, spanning early drug hits to preclinical candidates. At the core of our effort is integrating structural and biophysical knowledge of disease targets to accelerate the pace and success of drug development. We pride ourselves on working with the brightest researchers and partnering with leading drug development teams across the globe to realize our mission of improving patients' lives. Our name embodies our Pledge to tackle some of the most challenging problems in drug development and medicine.
This is a highly impactful, and vital position created at the intersection of overlapping areas of Pledge’s strategy, operations, and partnerships. The successful candidate is an analytical and strategic individual with intuitive intelligence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
You will play an essential role in shaping the direction and evolution of Pledge’s unique portfolio-oriented business model. Whether you are interested in operational, managerial or VC/PE career paths, this role will provide substantive exposure and opportunities to grow. The ideal candidate will have a blend of scientific, financial, and business expertise.
- Assess the strategic fit and commercial opportunity of portfolio assets, including market sizing, competitive landscape scanning, revenue forecasts, and investment requirements.
- Identify attractive investment areas by analyzing unmet medical needs and opportunities and networking with leading industry executives, academics, entrepreneurs, and other venture professionals.
- Support partner interactions and conduct term sheet and contract negotiations.
- Support senior management in investor and external partner relationships, ensuring regular and efficient communication with key stakeholders.
- Enable corporate strategic planning, positioning, and portfolio optimization by providing required input and assessments and developing content and presentations for senior management and the Executive Committee.
- Actively surveil the drug discovery portfolio via regular innovation strategy reviews, assessing key risks and opportunities for drug pipeline prioritization.
- Build and maintain financial and investment return models for portfolio companies, performing market, competitive, and exit analyses.
- Support or lead evaluation of key business questions through primary and secondary market research, data analysis, and cross-functional assessments across the company
- Perform scientific and business due diligence with consultants, key opinion leaders, and clinicians related to specific portfolio companies or investment opportunities.
- Translate research & analysis into actionable business insights to inform disease area strategies and priorities and identify areas for investment.
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders across the business, scientific, and operational streams—driving the execution of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Ensure organizational efficiency by mediating team agendas in R&D and business strategy meetings.
- Support the senior leadership in identifying and pursuing strategic priorities and developing material and content to support partnership and investment activities.
- Generate slide deck presentations, executive summaries, and diligence or investment memos that succinctly describe, interpret, analyze, and summarize business and scientific information.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An MBA or science-related graduate degree is highly preferred; a bachelor’s degree (minimum);
- 2+ years of experience in top-tier management consulting, life sciences strategy, or business development roles is required.
- Experience working in venture capital, private equity, or high-performance biotech start-ups is highly preferred.
- Understanding of biopharma fundamentals, drug development stage gates, and industry-specific dynamics.
- Solid understanding of industry-relevant economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology.
- Quick learner of the fundaments of new diseases, therapeutic areas, market dynamics, opportunities, trends, and risks by leveraging internal and external expertise.
- Strong quantitative and financial skills with the ability to make and deliver effective, compelling presentations and concise, clear memos and emails.
- Facile in assembling and analyzing information from primary and secondary data sources to arrive at recommendations, insights, and solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting business development, and due diligence, including market sizing, forecasting, execution of market research, data analytics, and creation of buy-side or sell-side reports and business cases.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to outline a problem, define strategy, develop project goals, and drive strategic and corporate outcomes.
- Experience working in dynamic, productive, cross-functional, cross-matrix environments. Global and international experience is preferred.
- Track record of initiative and execution while maintaining an emphasis on multiple work streams.
- Possess outstanding organizational abilities with a collaborative, tactful, and goal-oriented working style.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with an ability to exercise judgment on competing priorities.
- Exceptional focus and attention to detail, adherence to strict timelines and deadlines.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial, resourceful, and efficient – with a problem-solving attitude.
- An analytical, clear thinker who is comfortable navigating through ambiguity, quickly building a knowledge base, formulating, and validating assumptions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- PowerPoint and Excel guru – proficient with data visualization using productivity software tools
If you are ready to contribute to innovative research projects and be part of a growing company that is tackling some of the most pressing healthcare issues in modern medicine, please send us your CV and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time, USA work permit, Equal Opportunity Employment
The level will be commensurate with experience with an attractive compensation package.