Sr. Associate Healthcare & Life Sciences -Svb Capital
Silicon Valley Bank
New York City, NY
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
SVB Capital seeks a Senior Associate to develop and launch the firm’s flagship life science and healthcare investing platform.
This individual will play a critical role in expanding the firm’s product set and investment capabilities. The successful candidate will further build SVB Capital’s reputation in the marketplace and leverage strong analytical skills to augment the firm’s capabilities. This individual will build internal and external relationships, partner with internal SVB stakeholders, and apply the value of the SVB platform to assess and support top investment opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
Support core investment team with fund development, investment process, and portfolio management
- Develop critical financial models to support fundraising and LP engagement
- Serve as primary data liaison with SVB Capital data team and data sets across the broader SVB platform including from Commercial Banking, Cipherbio, and other relevant sources
- Develop new tools to assist with deal identification and valuation assessment within the Life Science ecosystem
- Organize deal flow process, including documentation and reviews, memo construction, and coordination with key colleagues across legal, finance, compliance, and operational teams
- Support portfolio management and reporting needs
- Uphold and enhance the firm’s culture of strong collaboration, hard work, and intellectual agility.
4-5+ years of financial analysis experience within the life sciences sector; strong understanding of the venture ecosystem and/or direct investment exposure preferred, but not required.
Demonstrable track record of success and evidence of strong project management skills.
Ability to deeply and thoroughly analyze and articulate investment opportunities; i.e. understanding the components and drivers of success.
Well versed in the life science and healthcare industry. Strong academic experience; bachelor’s degree required, PhD or advanced scientific degree preferred.