Short-Focused Healthcare Analyst
New York, NY
Altium Capital Management is a NY-based alternative investment manager primarily focused in the Healthcare industry. Our CEO, Jacob Gottlieb, has over 20 years of healthcare hedge fund investing experience, developing successful teams of investment professionals and business management staff. Our team includes medical doctors, scientific professionals, and experienced fund managers who work together to uncover unique investment insights to produce superior returns.
At Altium Capital, we look for intelligent, motivated people who want to learn and develop their careers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative team approach, positive culture and firmwide integrity.
Overview of Short-Focused Healthcare Analyst:
We are seeking a short-focused fundamental research analyst to work with our existing investment team. Candidate must have buy-side healthcare investment research experience, ideally within therapeutics. The candidate will recommend short investment opportunities, monitor companies/events, track market dynamics, build financial models, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify short selling opportunities through fundamental analysis of mechanism of action, clinical data, regulatory path, competitive landscape, and market modelling/valuation including the preparation of memos, checklists, and financial/scientific due diligence
- Monitor buy and sell side expectations, event path, entry and exit prices
- Track and update portfolio company and industry news/events
- Manage internal valuation models, dashboards, and universe tracking
- Interface with investor relations, companies, KOL’s, conferences, roadshows, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of buy-side experience, with strong bias towards shorting
- Undergraduate degree (advanced/relevant Master’s degree is a plus)
- Inherent skepticism and ability to identify weak business models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch ideas
- Financial and data analysis, including financial statements and modeling, market and pricing estimates, and clinical data
- Professionalism, maturity, self-starter, and attention to detail and process