Senior Scientist - Assay Development
South San Francisco, CA
- Develop, validate, and standardize LC/MS analytical methods for glycoproteomics biomarker quantitation.
- Review data for technical content and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze and evaluate material and products at all stages of the development process under stringent quality and time requirements.
- Prepare final reports, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with CLIA team on technology transfer of validated assays in preparation for commercial launching.
- Ensure analytical equipment is maintained in good working order; troubleshoots and performs minor repairs as needed.
- Maintain a safe and orderly laboratory and ensure compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Maintain keen awareness of new technology developments and actively assess and evaluate, and, as appropriate, adapt them.
- MS or Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or analytical chemistry or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industrial experience with hands-on experience in analytical chemistry.
- Extensive experiences in developing and validating LC-MS/MS (SRM/MRM) methods for quantification, preferably of proteins/peptides.
- Must be skilled in the operation of LC-MS, especially triple quadrupoles.
- Experience/knowledge of cGMP/GLP procedures is prefered.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis (FDA, CLSI, CAP) is a plus.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently or under minimal supervision to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested in learning and developing novel data solutions and applications.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving goals.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, and a flexible and mindful team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to InterVenn’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come to do the best work of your life here at InterVenn.