Senior Director, Program Strategy And Management
Trillium Therapeutics is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company based in Cambridge, MA and Toronto, ON. Following recent promising clinical data updates and after raising over $300 million in 2020, the Company is now embarking on a substantial organizational scale-up to initiate a phase 2 program across a range of cancer indications. The Company is seeking a new Senior Director of Program Strategy and Management, who will play a leadership role in Trillium’s clinical strategy and operational activities. The position will report into the SVP Corporate Development and Strategy and will be based in Cambridge, MA.
Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TRIL) is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing next generation immunotherapies targeting CD47, a checkpoint of the innate immune system. Immunotherapy is a rapidly evolving field that is redefining cancer care by harnessing a patient’s own immune system to eliminate tumor cells. First generation immunotherapies, targeting the adaptive immune system via T cell checkpoint inhibitors, have been enormously successful scientifically (2018 Nobel Prize), clinically (achieving real cure rates), and commercially (soon to be the largest drug class ever). CD47 is now emerging as one of the most promising next generation immuno-oncology targets.
Trillium has two highly differentiated CD47 blockers in development that – unlike other CD47 agents – have shown unique monotherapy activity across a range of hematologic malignancies. Under new leadership, Trillium has undergone a wide-ranging transformation program, including a major strategy reset. In 2020, the company raised over $300M, secured a strategic investment from Pfizer, and has been among the top performers on NASDAQ. Nearing completion of ongoing dose escalation studies, Trillium is now scaling up its organization to initiate a phase 2 program across several cancer indications.
- In partnership with the SVP Corp Dev and the broader Executive Team, lead ongoing evolution and refinement of program strategies and target product profiles
- Lead Trillium’s cross functional operational planning process; develop and maintain high quality integrated product development plans with input from all functional teams
- Support functional leaders to develop their respective detailed plans, ensuring cross-functional linkages
- Create and manage forums to facilitate cross-functional communication to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Communicate program status and issues in a transparent and timely manner, proactively identify risks and make strategic and operational recommendations
- Work closely with leaders across Trillium on strategic initiatives, as required, to ensure alignment with overall program plans
- Support communications for corporate updates, investor relation events and other external presentations
- Work in compliance with Trillium’s Code of Business Conduct and all workplace policies, procedures and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in science; Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience in R&D with excellent project management and drug development knowledge; understanding of the Oncology therapeutic area preferred
- Exceptional matrix and situational leadership skills with experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of functional experts.
- Ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas and data both verbally and written format for a variety of audiences
- Ability to create and communicate key presentations to internal leadership and external partners with credibility and confidence
- Able to work across many interfaces (clinical/clinical operations, CMC, investor relations, project management, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence, and the ability to function in a global team environment
- Thrives in an ambiguous environment with a constant focus on delivering results
- Strong and effective communication skills (written and verbal), with excellent medical/scientific writing skills
- Strong integrity and a commitment to improving patient outcomes
- Must be willing and able to be “hands-on”, and can thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced business environment
- Ability to work effectively with other company leaders and develop strong working relationships with them
- Once routine travel resumes, willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of time