Senior Associate, Blackstone Life Sciences
Senior Associate, Blackstone Life Sciences (Cambridge, MA)
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Life Sciences, Cambridge Office
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Life Sciences is a private, global investment platform with capabilities to invest across the life-cycle of companies and products within the key life science sectors. By combining scale investments and hands-on operational leadership, Blackstone Life Sciences helps bring to market promising new medicines that improve patients’ lives.
Job Title: Senior Associate
Senior Associates will work on potential investments, acquisitions, analysis of potential exit opportunities, and the monitoring of current portfolio companies in the Life Sciences sector. Senior Associates are involved in transaction due diligence, valuation analysis, and negotiation of contracts and other agreements. The relatively small size of this group offers Senior Associates the opportunity to work closely with senior members of Blackstone and to have extensive interaction with management teams and external advisors. Responsibilities include:
- Investment research
- Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Business and scientific due diligence
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assistance in the execution and financing of transactions
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a life science or biotechnology discipline required
- Advanced degree in a life sciences discipline (i.e. MD, and/or PhD) preferred
- MBA or its equivalent through working experience preferred
- Experience in investment banking, consulting, or business development with a focus on healthcare or biotechnology and/or principal investing experience in a life science focused fund a strong positive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected category.