Scientist I - Ii
NeuBase Therapeutics, Inc., is developing the next generation of gene silencing therapies with its flexible, highly specific synthetic antisense oligonucleotides. The proprietary NeuBase peptide-nucleic acid (PNA) antisense oligonucleotide (PATrOL™) platform allows for the rapid development of targeted drugs, increasing the treatment opportunities for the hundreds of millions of people affected by rare genetic diseases, including those that can only be treated through accessing of secondary RNA structures. Using PATrOL technology, NeuBase aims to first tackle rare, genetic neurological disorders.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Scientist I will play a key role in pre-clinical development for NeuBase’s drug discovery efforts. Primary responsibilities will include purification and analysis of peptide nucleic acids and corresponding synthetic intermediates. We are looking for a passionate, intelligent, hardworking individual who can contribute to and grow with the company and its programs.
- HPLC purification of peptide nucleic acids, and LCMS analysis of samples as well as routine maintenance of all analytical equipment
- Work independently to solve non-routine analytical problems
- Acquire and interpret analytical HPLC, LCMS or MALDI-TOF data
- Develop new analytical and purification applications and technology
- Document all work in laboratory notebook or adhere to good documentation practice
- Design, review, perform, and improve method development experiments
- Assist in prioritizing chemistry efforts to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet company goals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Analytical chemistry knowledge including theory and application of fundamental, chromatographic, and spectroscopic techniques for identification, purity, and assay of various analytes.
- Operate and troubleshoot available instruments such as HPLC, LCMS, and MALDI-TOF
- Proficient in technical writing and presentations to internal sites
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing needs.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- US citizenship or green card preferred
- Required: PhD 0-2 years postdoctoral experience