Scientist - Cns Disease Preclinical Development
South San Francisco, CA
Posted April 2
GenEdit is a rapidly-growing, early-stage company that is developing a proprietary and novel delivery platform with the potential to transform genetic medicine. Our interdisciplinary team works together across chemistry, payload, formulation, screening, and preclinical groups to develop the next generation of gene therapies. GenEdit fosters an exciting and dynamic environment where we value impactful data and creative solutions to accelerate our progression from a platform technology to a pipeline of therapeutic candidates. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and are expanding across all functions within the organization. Join us in South San Francisco, CA, to be at the forefront of the future of gene therapy.
GenEdit is seeking a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented Scientist with hands-on experience in performing in vivo preclinical studies to join our team. This full-time position will report to the Senior Scientist, In Vivo Studies, and will be responsible for testing nanoparticle encapsulated gene therapeutic drugs in vivo and related in vitro analysis of tissues and cells under the direction of the Senior Scientist. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required as needed. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, resourceful, and effective team-player who is enthusiastic about tackling challenging complex scientific and technical problems with novel approaches and solutions.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Immunology, or a related field with 0-3 years of relevant experience or M.S with 5+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with a fast-paced startup a plus. Highly motivated researcher with particular attention to detail and the ability to independently plan, design, and implement experiments.
- Ability to execute standard operating procedures with accuracy and precision.
- Work cooperatively with multidisciplinary teams, keep detailed and organized lab records, and present results at team meetings.
- Extensive hands-on experience with animal (rodent) handling, including but not limited to drug administration (IV, IM, IP, IT injections), anesthesia, organ harvest, and in vivo imaging.
- Experience with CNS routes of administration preferred. Experience with ex vivo and in situ analysis including tissue histology, quantitative microscopy and image analysis, and flow cytometry.
- Working knowledge and skills with various in vitro assays and techniques, including but not limited to PCR-based assays, gel electrophoresis, flow cytometry, primary and cell line culture.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with CRISPR-Cas9 or nucleic acid delivery a plus
- Working knowledge of applicable AALAC and IACUC guidelines, scientific background for relevant therapeutic areas of rare genetic disorders is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work authorization in the US is required.
At GenEdit we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, and the world.