New York, NY
Ancilia Biosciences is leveraging CRISPR’s natural function in bacteria to develop a new class of live biotherapeutics & bacterial products for a range of applications. Our work is interdisciplinary and lies at the intersection of the microbiome, the virome & CRISPR.
We are seeking highly motivated scientists to advance our platform technologies. Ancilia is an early stage venture-backed startup, and this is an opportunity to join a small, mission-driven team and have the role grow rapidly with the company.
Position: Scientist Location: New York, NY
- Advance development of microbial engineering platform using CRISPR
- Design & execute key experiments to advance initial product pipeline
- Innovate to devise novel approaches for technology advancement
- Analyze data and effectively communicate results to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to advance the field
- PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related discipline is strongly preferred
- Experience with microbial engineering is required
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with CRISPR-Cas systems is preferred
- Knowledge & experience working with phages is a significant plus
- Skilled in all standard molecular biology and microbiology techniques, including cloning, PCR, and bacterial culturing
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to set priorities to achieve key milestones under defined timelines
- Ability & desire to learn quickly and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to thrive in a collaborative environment
-This position is full time, on location in New York City.
-Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including full benefits and equity incentives.