Research Associate – Medical Technology, Rtw Investments
RTW Investments, LP
New York, NY
RTW Investments is a $3B New York based healthcare focused investment firm. RTW is committed to company building and investing in public and private companies that develop transformational and disruptive therapies / technologies. RTW’s investment approach marries a deep, foundational understanding of disease biology, medicine, and technology with a comprehensive perspective on commercial opportunities and challenges. The team has developed significant hands-on expertise in targeted areas of innovation and has undertaken a rigorous approach to researching and supporting emerging innovations in both industry and academia.
The associate will work with the MedTech Analyst and Portfolio Manager to support the diligence process for new and existing investments in all MedTech sub-sectors including medical devices, life science tools, diagnostics, and digital health. In addition to evaluating individual companies, the associate will maintain a perspective on industry trends and outlook.
- Interviews with KOLs, clinicians, and researchers to assess the value of competing companies and products
- Attendance at industry conferences to identify emerging technologies as well as key trends / product features and user perspectives on existing products
- Surveys, quantitative analysis, and financial modeling to support the asset valuation process
- Meetings with senior management teams from portfolio companies as well as new company introductions
Ideal Qualifications & Experience
- Academic background in life sciences
- 1-2 years of experience focused on medical technology, preferably in industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated tenacity in conducting detailed research and presenting findings
- New York based with willingness to travel (15%)
How to Apply
Please submit a PDF of your resume as well as a cover letter highlighting your interest / experience in the Medical Device industry.