Research Associate, Life Sciences
New York, NY
TITLE: Research Associate, Life Sciences
LOCATION: New York, with flexibility for other locations
General Atlantic is a leading global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. Established in 1980, General Atlantic combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to build exceptional businesses worldwide. General Atlantic has more than 160 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Greenwich, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Palo Alto, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Singapore. For more information on General Atlantic, please visit the website: www.generalatlantic.com.
General Atlantic is an established partner to growth businesses in the financial, technology, consumer, healthcare, and life sciences sectors, and is expanding its focus on early and late stage biopharma companies and life science tools and services.
General Atlantic is looking to hire a Research Associate for the Life Sciences Practice. This position will have significant responsibility in conducting technical diligence and supporting deal evaluation with a primary focus on biopharma and life sciences. The Life Sciences Specialist will focus on scientific and clinical due diligence, while also receiving exposure to broader investment processes. This is a two year role with an opportunity for extension and promotion for outstanding performers.
- Play a central role in asset, company and industry due diligence, with an emphasis on scientific evaluation, risk identification and mitigation
- Develop informed hypotheses in multiple therapeutic areas, based on in-depth reviews of primary scientific literature, medical conferences, and input from diverse physician-scientists and opinion leaders
- Engage directly with senior management of current and potential portfolio companies on scientific and technical topics
- Support more senior members of the team in deal execution
- Effectively present investment theses to key stakeholders, including our global Investment Committee
- Collaborate with professionals across the firm and positively contribute to the overall culture
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3+ years of experience in a biotech/scientific research role
- PhD in a human science (molecular biology, genetics, biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Passion for primary scientific literature
- Ability to structure scientific due diligence and identify primary technical risks and opportunities
- High degree of familiarity with drug development and regulatory processes
- Record of outstanding professional and academic achievement
- High energy level, strong communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and a passion for investing
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm globally