Research Associate Ii - Biotechnology
Under general supervision, the Research Associate II is responsible for providing information, data gathering, analysis, modeling, and organizational support to the senior level Research Analysts. Has mastered the foundational skills required of an Associate level II. At this level, assumes significantly more writing and modeling responsibilities. Is responsible for developing a solid understanding of the assigned sector and can clearly state and defend the investment thesis for all stocks in the assigned sector. Must be able to handle basic questions from sales and clients and is beginning to represent the associates in internal research presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain Excel-based financial models, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Analyze information obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy; reformulate models as necessary.
- Building and updating comp sheets.
- Managing the databases and electronic data services (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.)
- Must be able to clearly state and defend the Analyst’s investment thesis and outlook for each of the stocks under coverage.
- Respond to basic questions from institutional sales and clients regarding covered companies, and industry questions and data requests.
- Develop written product with modest direction from the senior level Research Analyst.
- Able to evaluate basic valuation methodologies to stocks under coverage and the broader sector.
- Meets the special projects demands of the senior level Research Analysts.
- Uses all resources to determine and locate relevant data.
- Continues to build industry knowledge.
- Continues to develop external sources (management teams, suppliers, and customers). Must be able to integrate these sources in the research product. Will be assigned a small client contact list and will be responsible for meeting the needs of those clients.