Research Associate, Biotechnology
New York, NY
Research Associate - Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology, Ladenburg Thalmann, New York, NY
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology team in New York. Working with a Senior Biotechnology Analyst you will have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make an important contribution. The ideal candidate possesses a life science background and an interest in the development of successful companies. We make a strong commitment to Associate development and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility.
As a Research Associate on the Small/Mid-Cap Biotechnology, you will:
- Analyze clinical and preclinical data to assess the pros and cons of a developing asset, often in relation to competing medical discoveries
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become proficient at developing in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Demonstrate thoughtful leadership of and make significant contributions to our highly differentiated written product
- Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports, company initiations, and marketing presentations—often under very tight time constraints;
- Develop relationships with institutional clients, sales, trading as well as interact with senior management of companies in your industry
Qualifications; Our Research Associates typically possess:
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret scientific/academic papers and literature
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Advanced life sciences or medical degrees often combined with MBAs or finance qualifications such as the CFA, ACA, or CPA
- Two to four years’ experience in the life sciences sector in a consulting, research or commercial capacity
- Track records of outstanding academic performance, including honors and awards. Academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above
We look for team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically two to four-year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in financial services industry.
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., Ladenburg’s investment bank, has been a member of the New York Stock Exchange for 140 years and offers a full suite of investment banking and capital markets products and services, including proprietary equity research and a fixed-income trading desk.
To thrive in today’s marketplace, enterprises need smart investment banking solutions that can help them grow. As a preeminent investment bank with vast experience, Ladenburg Thalmann understands the challenges companies and institutions face when building their businesses. Our experienced team of investment banking experts is committed to helping clients capitalize on their financial potential.
Our entrepreneurial mindset helps us understand the obstacles clients face and uncover opportunities to help them succeed. At Ladenburg Thalmann, we seamlessly connect middle-market companies with the right investors through our network of resources, strategic partnerships, and industry relationships.
Our seasoned professionals possess a diverse range of industry expertise, qualifications, and experience that allows us to take a complete approach to addressing and fulfilling client needs. Our commitment to clients is based on an understanding of their objectives and the application of an unparalleled level of knowledge to each engagement.
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Member: NYSE, NYSE American, NYSE Arca, FINRA, all other principal exchanges and SIPC.