Research Analyst, Emerging Therapeutic Platforms
Remote/Flexible | Larkspur, CA
Foresite Capital is a healthcare and life sciences investment firm with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, analysts, clinicians and subject matter experts in various disciplines. We work together in a highly collaborative environment, with all investments getting attention from each member of our investment team. Roles at Foresite Capital offer exposure to multiple firms in the healthcare and life sciences industry, and the opportunity to collaborate with top-tier experts in the life sciences, data science and financial industries. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, a flexible work environment, and the opportunity to learn from top thinkers in various disciplines. Foresite Capital is headquartered in San Francisco with satellite offices in New York, Philadelphia and San Rafael. Foresite Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity and collaboration.
We are looking for a research analyst to join Foresite Research, a newly minted group within the Life Sciences investment team, that will facilitate the identification of transformational opportunities in life sciences and healthcare - at their earliest stages - through its dedication to research.
As a research analyst, you will engage in technical research and diligence efforts at the intersection of science and technology, with a focus on early-stage opportunities. You will work closely with the investment team to lead technical aspects of the deal evaluation process and ensure Foresite Capital understands the scientific and technical landscape for emerging therapeutic platforms. You will also interact with the scientific community in these spaces in both academia and industry to represent Foresite and remain abreast of the latest developments.
The Foresite Capital Life Sciences team focuses on investment opportunities across life sciences, healthcare, and life sciences tools. We are deeply technical and prioritize scientific engagement in the investment process. We offer a flexible work environment, a diverse set of projects, and a best-in-class peer group to learn from. This is a great opportunity to tackle a unique set of problems while shaping the future of healthcare.
- Lead technical and scientific diligence in emerging therapeutic platforms, including new screening modalities, cell and gene therapies, and drug delivery technologies.
- Perform technical forecasting to understand how these technologies will develop in the coming years.
- Understand biotechnology, healthcare, and life sciences technology landscapes.
- Engage with Foresite Capital portfolio companies to provide support and assistance where needed.
- Engage with KOLs in relevant application areas.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and investment professionals to support the Life Sciences team.
- PhD in life sciences or related field
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in emerging therapeutic platforms (such as advanced tissue culture models, gene/cell therapy approaches, or novel drug delivery modalities) with excellent first author publications.
- Postdoc or 2+ years of industry experience preferred
- Dedication to understanding new technologies and their strategic positioning.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while executing across multiple projects
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.