Research Analyst, Biotechnology
New York, NY
This role is regulated by FINRA.
As a Barclays Research Analyst covering Biotechnology, you’ll have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the SMID cap Biotechnology Senior Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a flexible environment where you can provide the financial strategic advice necessary for successful asset management, and ultimately deepen your experience in preparing insightful analysis of global stock markets and companies.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Analyzing industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the SMID cap Biotechnology Senior Analyst
- Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
- Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior Analyst
- Preparing research reports varying in size and scope from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces
- Communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
- Researching and forecasting the impact of drug trends as well as varying corporate strategies
- Developing marketing materials for clients and attending medical expert panel discussions and industry conferences, hosting these events, where appropriate
What we’re looking for:
- PhD and one or more years of sell side equity research, investment banking or corporate strategy experience in Healthcare required. MBA or CFA a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of covered companies in the biopharma landscape required
- Solid financial experience including financial modeling, financial statement analysis
- Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to multi-task with good attention to detail in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities
- Excellent PC literacy or demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.