New York City, NY
Venrock is a leading investment firm in the healthcare sector for 50+ years. Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners is the firm's dedicated set of funds focusing on long-term investment opportunities in small capitalization public and late-stage private companies across all sectors in the healthcare and life sciences industry, with an emphasis on biopharmaceuticals.
This is an entry level biotech investor position. The Research Analyst would be responsible for supporting the data management and diligence capabilities of the fund.
- Analytics: Build and maintain company financial models and detailed market models for products/diseases
- Due diligence: Conduct KOL calls to inform company and market models, analyze script data
- Market Research: Build indication landscapes summarizing all drugs in development, closely monitor company news flow, and clinical, regulatory and reimbursement developments
- Data Management: Create and update drug approval and conference trackers, track and analyze M&A activity and IPO performance
- Attend investment conferences and interview company management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mandatory: Minimum 2 years investment banking experience working within biotech/pharmaceuticals team
- Preferred: Undergraduate education with science focus
- Track record of outstanding academic performance and strong modeling skills
- Intellectual curiosity and strong interest in biotechnology/drug development and investing
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and ability to communicate in a concise manner
- Impeccable integrity, strong work ethic and team player
- This role is not targeted at MDs or PhDs
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$225,000. Employees in this role may be entitled to additional compensation, including a discretionary annual bonus. Compensation will be determined based on several factors including, but not limited to, skill set, years of experience, and the employee’s geographic location.
Submit resumes (including GPAs and all standardized test scores) via DOC website