Ghost Tree Capital
Remote/Flexible | New York City, NY
Posted May 4
Research Analyst, Ghost Tree Capital, New York, NY
Ghost Tree Capital (GTC), a healthcare-focused equity long/short hedge fund, is seeking a Research Analyst to join their biotechnology investment team. This position is ideal for someone with a passion and background in novel therapies to treat unmet medical needs, who seeks to apply their knowledge towards investing in a dynamic biopharmaceutical industry.
- Analyze clinical trial results, basic science/pre-clinical data and financial information
- Evaluate drug pipelines by attending medical conferences, reading scientific journals, speaking with key experts and conducting proprietary surveys
- Attend investment conferences and interview company management
- Construct market models/forecasts for various diseases and therapeutic categories
- Closely monitor clinical, regulatory and reimbursement developments
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD or MD preferred, MS considered depending on research area)
- Track record of outstanding academic performance
- Demonstrated research excellence (through grants, awards, publications, patents, etc.)
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented and ability to communicate in a concise & organized manner
- Impeccable integrity, strong work ethic and team player
- Prior work experience is a plus, but not a requirement at the following: private or public investment firm, strategy consulting firm, investment bank/equity research, or biopharmaceutical company
Salary and total compensation will match candidate credentials.
We offer company-paid health benefits for employees and a 401(k) plan.
This position is at will and subject to pre-employment background and/or reference checks.