Psychology Content Developer
Salary: 80K, based on experience
Position location: Dallas, TX; Relocation assistance considered
At UWorld, we are passionate about education. If you are looking for a company that is focused on high-quality student education and provides growth opportunities with great work/life balance, then UWorld is right for you.
We are seeking a full-time, on-site Psychology Content Developer to contribute to our web-based MCAT and AP Psychology Question Banks. Within a collaborative and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate will work closely with a team of other content developers, editors, and illustrators to create exceptional MCAT and AP Psychology products.
Our Psychology Content Developers have the potential to engage in each product's life cycle from planning and development to completion and maintenance. Partnering with some of the brightest minds in education, our MCAT team has a big impact in shaping UWorld's success story.
- Master's degree required; PsyD or PhD or MD/DO preferred
- 5 year of post-graduate teaching and research experience in fields of psychology related to biology and/or public health
- Subject matter expertise in Psychology, as it relates to medicine or biomedical sciences
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven capacity to execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
- Ability to work independently while operating within a dynamic team environment
- Aptitude for adapting quickly and collaborating effectively
- Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Reports to the Product Manager and develops content for the online MCAT and AP Psychology Question Bank.
Content production and maintenance (90%)
- Plays a key role in project development, planning, and execution
- Writes appropriate items pertaining to MCAT and AP Psychology (ie passages, questions/answer choices, comprehensive rationales, etc)
- Generates content that reflects existing curriculum standards, up-to-date research, and standardized examination practices for generation of test items
- Revises and provides constructive feedback on content written by other authors
- Participates in interdisciplinary projects and works closely with editing and illustration teams to generate educational content that meets UWorld standards
- Collaborates with management and team members to ensure production goals are met within given deadlines
- Responds quickly and effectively to feedback and makes necessary revisions to live or in-progress question bank content
Technical content management (10%)
- Maintains and updates organizational structure of content production and time-based performance
- Communicates effectively with quality assurance, customer care, and software teams to troubleshoot and resolve content-related technical issues
- Continuously evaluates the performance metrics of test items in the question bank and adjusts content to optimize item quality
- Recognizes and champions the integrity and security of question bank content and proprietary assets
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
UWorld is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified persons. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, handicap or disability, or age in any of its policies, procedures, or practices in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (pertaining to race, color, and national origin), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (pertaining to handicap), and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (pertaining to age). This non-discriminatory policy covers hiring and employment at the Company.