Psychiatrist / Psychiatry Physician Author
UWorld is seeking practicing Psychiatry Physician Authors to write and edit content for our web-based products. Psychiatry Physician Authors will collaborate with a team of physicians, editors, and illustrators to produce high-quality content for our USMLE® Question Banks.
Ideal candidates will follow a schedule that provides a constant balance of clinical and non-clinical work. Physician Authors will update their medical expertise while educating tomorrow's physicians via our innovative and interactive platform. Candidates will partner with some of the brightest minds in education and become a part of UWorld's success story.
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about medical education and provides growth opportunity with a good work/life balance, UWorld is right for you.
Physician Authors will work part-time in a hospital-based or outpatient practice and the remainder of the time on a mutually agreed-upon schedule (typically ~25–40% clinical and ~60–75% nonclinical).
- Board certified or eligible MD/DO
- Exceptional communication skills, superior medical knowledge, and passion for training future physicians
- High scores on USMLE® Step 1, 2, and 3
- Prior experience in writing board-style questions, tutoring medical students, or working in an academic institution preferred
- Develop original content for the USMLE® and other UWorld Question Banks, including writing clinical vignettes and/or comprehensive explanations that follow the UWorld style and are based on examination blueprints and high-yield clinical scenarios
- Review and revise content written by other team members, providing and receiving feedback with tact and diplomacy, with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Work with medical illustration team to create original high-yield images and figures highlighting important medical concepts or disease processes
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team of physicians, editors, illustrators, IT/customer support professionals, and others to produce content, improve processes, develop new features, and respond to user feedback
- Manage time effectively while multitasking and contributing to a collaborative and laid-back work environment
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.