Point72 Academy Healthcare Associate Program
New York, NY
The Point72 Academy Healthcare Associate Program
Point72 is looking for MDs, PhDs, and therapeutics professionals with an interest in investing to join our industry-leading financial analyst training program, Point72 Academy.
Beginning Your Investing Career with Point72 Academy
The Point72 Academy is a paid, full-time opportunity to apply your experience to the complex and ever-changing puzzle of the global markets. You will learn to create and refine financial models, prepare stock recommendations, and communicate your ideas effectively.
Our investment teams rely on deep subject-matter expertise, and the combination of your health sciences background and our financial training can help launch your investing career.
The Healthcare Associate program begins in Summer 2021 and includes two sections—a three-month classroom intensive, followed by five months of special projects, investment research, and continued coaching from our Academy and Investment Professional Development teams. If you are successful, at the end of the program you will be placed full-time on a healthcare-focused investing team in an analyst role.
Your experience in the program will include:
- Academics: Through focused classroom work, you will build a foundation in accounting, financial modeling, and fundamental research with instruction from Academy faculty, Point72 investment professionals, and leading university professors.
- Apprenticeship: You will pair your new skills with your expertise in health sciences to tackle special projects from our healthcare portfolio managers, developing insights in support of their investment processes.
- Mentorship You will join Point72’s internal network of Academy alum and analysts who can advise you throughout the program and beyond.
We pride ourselves on analyst development and on being a place where great talent can build a long-term career. Today, nearly one-third of our analysts graduated from the Point72 Academy program, and roughly half of Point72 portfolio managers that went through our emerging manager program, Point72 LaunchPoint, started as analysts at the Firm.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a rigorous health science program (B.S., Master’s, Ph.D., or M.D.)
- Experience in medicine, applied science, therapeutics, or biotechnology
- Passion for equity markets and investing and the curiosity to keep learning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well on a team and collaborate with others
- Ability to self-motivate, seek answers to analytical problems, and deliver on the team’s vision
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit point72.com/working-here.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.