Patient Square Insights Intern
Patient Square Capital
Remote/Flexible | Menlo Park, CA
We are seeking a Summer/Fall Intern to join the Patient Square Insights (PSI) team at Patient Square Capital. Patient Square Insights is an in-house scientific, technical, and market research team that brings a diverse set of expertise to health care investing. PSI Intern candidates will primarily assist on scientific and technical diligence questions in growth equity investments (e.g. therapeutics, diagnostics, devices, etc.).
Candidates should have demonstrated scientific or clinical expertise (in-progress or completed advanced degree preferred), plus demonstrated interest in investing, consulting, business, etc. No formal investing or consulting experience required. Candidates will also engage in strategic thinking and analyses to identify new areas of interest.
- In-progress or completed PhD, MD, or demonstrated expertise in health care and biotechnology
- Demonstration of interest and/or experience in healthcare business, investing, or strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to simplify and communicate complex or technical topics
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to identify and dig into key issues
- Team spirit and eagerness to collaborate
- Conduct scientific and technical diligence in collaboration with investment professionals
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify and evaluate potential opportunity areas for future investments
- Find, vet, and collaborate with external experts to evaluate diverse set of investment opportunities
Location: Menlo Park, CA; remote considered
Time commitment: Fulltime or parttime (~15h / week) available
Patient Square Capital is a dedicated health care investment firm that seeks to make attractive investments by partnering with best-in-class management teams whose products, services and technologies improve health. Patient Square leverages its deep and established network to seek opportunities to deploy capital in companies across the broad health care industry with targets including biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical value chain, medical devices and diagnostics, health care providers and technology-enabled services.