National Telecardiologist (Part-Time)
Heartbeat Health P.A
Multiple | Remote/Flexible
Posted August 13
Heartbeat Health is a venture-funded health tech startup in New York City. We are working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging heart care in the world. By 2030, over 40% of the US population will have heart disease, with direct and indirect costs approaching $1 trillion USD. Heart disease may be the most important health crisis we confront in our time.
Imagine the potential to save over a half a million lives in the United States. Now imagine saving these lives every year. This is how many cardiovascular disease deaths are attributed to preventable factors – nearly 80%. Tackling this issue requires addressing the two major drivers of cardiovascular disease prevention and management: knowledge and behavior.
Our product directly addresses these gaps for both patients and providers. Our members follow easy steps to improve their heart health and receive virtual guidance from a network of world-class cardiologists empowered with evidence-based insights. This simple idea of connecting people and technology with purpose gives every Heartbeat user the superpower to save millions of lives.
Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We collaborate with the American College of Cardiology, and we have been recognized as one of the 150 most promising digital health startups by CB Insights. We just recently closed our Series B funding and are backed by Echo Health Ventures, DaVita Venture Group, .406 Ventures, Optum Ventures, Kindred Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Designer Fund, and Max Ventures. We’ve been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Heartbeat Health is seeking board-certified cardiologists to become part-time telecardiologists!
About the role
- Provide best-in-class cardiovascular care via the Heartbeat app, providing synchronous and asynchronous care
- Providers will have the ability to engage in the breadth of virtual cardiology opportunities available through Heartbeat, ranging from asynchronous imaging and ECG interpretation to virtual consultation.
- We are interested in candidates who are passionate about innovating and expanding access to high quality care.
- If interested, please apply with a list of all active US medical licenses.
- Physicians will be Board Certified in Internal Medicine & Cardiovascular Disease
- Licensed in any state (multiple state licenses preferred)
- Proficient in ECG, ECG monitoring, echos, stress echos, and cardiology consultation
- Vascular interpretation helpful but not required for this role
- Comfortable with telehealth and writing prescriptions remotely
- Tech-savvy and Communicative
- Personable and Engaging
- Passionate about patient care, education and communication
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- Up for the challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Heartbeat will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.