National Medical Director
Remote/Flexible | Boston, MA | Redwood City, CA
Bicycle Health is a rapidly growing early stage startup that aims to help millions of Americans decrease chronic opioid use via Medication Assisted Treatment and Opioid Tapering. Since our launch in January 2019, we have served over 300 patients with close to $1.5M in funding and good early outcomes. We currently have a team of 10 prescribers, two therapists, and four health coaches. Our mission is to improve access to treatment for patients with opioid use disorder and provide comprehensive care through telemedicine.
We are looking for a clinical leader with experience in chronic pain and addiction treatment to join us as our medical director.
You will help us:
- Scale Bicycle Health across the US to help millions of people overcome Opioid Use Disorder.
- Build our clinical protocols and deliver fantastic clinical outcomes.
- Hire and manage a clinical team of medical and behavioural health practitioners.
- Connect with payers and providers to understand their needs and craft solutions.
- Represent Bicycle Health at industry events and conferences.
- Craft and execute our research agenda.
- Publish authoritative content on our website and social media channels.
- Work with a software and product team to build patient and care team facing technology tools.
- Doctoral-level degree in the Life Sciences (MD or DO). Board certification in Addiction Medicine or Addiction Psychiatry is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in a clinical setting and/or industry.
- Minimum five years’ experience with chronic pain and/or addiction treatment.
- Experience in quality improvement driving change management in a clinical setting; examples include synthesizing literature, designing clinical protocols, managing stakeholders, designing measures, data collection, and evaluation.
- Outstanding communication skills including public speaking, written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in cross-functional environment focused on company-level goals.
- Project leadership and management skills.
- Track-record of producing outstanding publications, clinical study reports, and poster presentations.
- A mindset to choose progress over perfection and get things done.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- A mix of salary and equity in Bicycle Health. We just closed our first round of financing - get in on the ground floor!
- Autonomy over your work to build your team, set the culture and create impact.
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic, and mission-driven team of passionate individuals.
- Ability to move quickly and innovate.
- Flexibility to continue working part time at another organization.
If you are currently in a clinical/industry setting at a large organization and see yourself leading an innovative clinical organization as the Chief Medical Officer in the future, this role is perfect for you!