Medical Science Liaison (Allegheny)
Remote/Flexible | Cleveland, OH | Pittsburgh, PA | Buffalo, NY | Charleston, WV
To strengthen our Neurology PVU team based in the Allegheny region, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Medical Science Partner.This position covers the Allegheny region which includes: Northeast Ohio, Western Pennslyvania, Upstate New York and West Virginia.
As a Medical Science Partner, you will identify and foster purposeful partnerships with key scientific influencers to drive new sources of patient value. You will converse in two-way scientific interactions, disease state and treatment algorithm discussions optimizing understanding of UCB therapies for the right patient segments in a scientific and balanced manner within the local health ecosystem. Collaborates to advance local patient value oriented initiatives (i.e., Medical, RWE) with key stakeholders.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Serve as the leading local scientific expert for UCB solutions.
- Partner with key clinical stakeholders to advance medical initiatives, in definted strategic areas, to drive optimal patient care.
- Support clinical studies, clinical development and share insights with the R&D team.
- Provide scientific expertise and interpretation to strategic initiatives in collaboration with other local partner roles.
- Capitalize on RWE and uses them to further reinforce the value that UCB solutions bring to patients.
You will contribute by:
- Agile and proactive identification and management of key scientific and medical influencers based on local ecosystem dynamics and stakeholder needs and drivers (from push to pull).
- Exploration and identification of new sources of patient value (innovative solutions and services).
- Manage and generate product/ disease state data (IIS, audits, RWE etc.).
- Support market access colleagues when applicable in presentation of RWE/HEOR/clinical information to regional and local payer accounts and formularies.
Interested? For this position, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Doctorate-level degree (PharmD, PhD or MD) required.
- 1 + year of Medical Science Liaison experience.
- Business acumen with a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, heatlhcare arena, and local ecosystems.
- Therapuetic, clinical, HEOR and RWE experience preferred.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.