Content Developer - Clinical Medicine
Remote/Flexible | Salt Lake City, UT | Phoenix, AZ | Chicago, IL | El Paso, TX | Los Angelas, CA | Nashville, TN | Toronto, Canada | Toronto, Canada | Aurora, CO | Portland, OR | Tacoma, WA | Minneapolis, MN | Des Moines, IA | Kansas City, MO | Atlanta, GA | Tampa, FL | Charlotte, NC | Philadelphia, PA
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Content Developer - Clinical Medicine to join our team on a 12 month fixed term basis. In this role, you will be working with the content team to create the curriculum for our clerkship and USMLE Step 2/COMLEX-USA Level 2 content. While the main focus of this role will be creating our curriculum, there is the potential to advise across multiple departments as a subject matter expert.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Osmosis is the fastest growing company sitting at the intersection of healthcare and education; with the sole purpose of uniting the two to impact people’s lives. We believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis and collectively, we can develop a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
As the Content Developer - Clinical Medicine, you will be working closely with the content team to ensure that future clinicians are getting the best possible training experience.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop and curate learning objectives for MD/DO content, including videos and notes
- Research and determine information to be presented in each video/note that will be used by our script writing and question writing teams
- Organize and present information as clinical decision-making flowcharts that will be used by our script writing, video production, and question writing teams
- Review and edit learning objectives and clinical decision-making flowcharts as needed with a focus on accuracy, precision, and educational value
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts on our content, sales, product, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Recruit and manage a small team of independent contributors to work on curriculum tasks as needed
This is a full-time, fixed term employment role, with the anticipated coverage period spanning from May 2021 to July 2022.
Who You Are
- MD or DO with completion of the USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 examination
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex medical topics
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide, receive, and incorporate feedback quickly and positively
- Demonstrable history of working on your own while operating within a team environment
How You Work
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’ mission, vision, and values
- High USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 scores
- Prior experience in curriculum design, including creating learning objectives
- Prior experience teaching clerkship-/clinical-level MD and/or DO students
- Prior USMLE Step 2 CK and/or COMLEX-USA Level 2 teaching experience
- Current or recent clinical experience working as a physician in the U.S preferred.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.