Medical Director - Oncology
New York, NY | San Fransciso, CA
EQ Search has a client that is looking for Medical Directors who are passionate about clinical research and evidence development, interested in exploring and developing innovative new techniques, and looking to lead research projects in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
What You Will Do-
In this role, you'll work with the Research Oncology team to provide clinical and research leadership, ensuring quality and translating real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. This includes guiding decisions about how EHR-derived data sets are developed and used, and driving research from concept to data interpretation to publication. Research Oncologists work closely with the company's multifunctional teams as well as external collaborators in industry, academia, and government. In this role, you will work broadly across one or more of the company's client's core research initiatives (e.g., real-world evidence, academic partnerships, prospective evidence generation). You will help us push the envelope at the interface of technology and medicine. In addition, you'll also:
- Serve as a primary clinical voice of the company both internally, and to the company's life sciences clients and other external partners
- Lead data-driven research projects involving colleagues within the company, and in collaboration with external partners in life science companies, academia, and government
- Provide clinical and scientific input as a member of cross-functional teams, on research projects that leverage real-world data to accelerate progress against cancer
- Contribute to data model development, analyses, results interpretation and publications
- Represent the company at conferences, both in a speaking and a networking capacity
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products
- Provide team guidance through the development of novel processes and products
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the highest clinical quality and relevance of the company's products and data
- Supply disease- and/or expertise-specific training to coworkers and clients
Who You Are
You're a medical oncologist with 2-7 years of experience after completion of subspecialty training (although we are open to considering other levels of experience). Research Oncologists may be based out of either the company's New York City Headquarters the company's growing San Francisco office. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a medical degree, residency, and medical oncology and/or hematology fellowship from top institutions
- You have demonstrated expertise in one or more oncology-relevant methodological areas (e.g., outcomes research, real world evidence, patient-reported outcomes, health services research, quality improvement science, clinical trials, etc.)
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture
- You can easily explain scientific terms to a non-medical, highly sophisticated audience; superior communication skills
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
Please submit a resume or CV. Note that due to the large volume of resumes that may be received, only those most qualified candidates will be considered. Thank you for your understanding.