Multiple | Remote/Flexible
Who We Are
What We Solve
Options MD is a telepsychiatry mental health platform that focuses on patients with depression. Our goal is to help patients who self-identify as having Major Depressive Disorder, who consider their depression to be treatment-resistant based on poor or incomplete response to the medications or psychotherapy they’ve tried in the past. Of course, we also treat psychiatric comorbidities within this population, alongside depression.
Through our platform, we aim to provide comprehensive care through clinicians with specialized experience treating this population, with a focus on evidence-based care. Treatment options include a broad range of medications across classes, psychotherapy, and neuromodulation when indicated. This includes ketamine, TMS and ECT.
In addition to an in-house network of specialists who use a collaborative, team-based approach to deliver high quality care, Options MD also offers an online community that provides lasting support and engagement. We enhance the clinician experience with proprietary software that helps promote collaboration and shared decision making between patient and clinician around treatment options.
At our core, we aim to deliver evidence-based, comprehensive care efficiently and at scale so that mental health patients, even those with more complicated presentations, can access high quality care despite the increasing shortage of psychiatrists and other mental health clinicians nationally. Our company has attracted the attention of thought leaders within psychiatry, with some acting as formal advisors to our board.
At this time, we have generated a private patient community of over 6,000 with 70% engagement rates, and have beta tested our software with over 1,000 patients. We are now enrolling our first set of patients into our innovative care model.
Who We Are
The founders, Morgan Hewett (former Facebook) and Kyle Pierce (a health-tech attorney), are two best friends who banded together after watching family members spend $300k+ in unsuccessful treatments for severe depression. They are joined by a team of medical researchers, leaders within psychiatry at some of the nation’s top institutions, engineers, and data scientists to deliver effective and efficient mental health care to high-acuity cases.
We have raised $2.5M in pre-seed funding and offer salaries, job security, and equity that exceed most benchmarks for pilot-stage startups.
Options MD is looking for an experienced psychiatrist who can help bring our mission to life. Reporting to Options MD’s founders, the Medical Director will set the tone for the organization’s clinical philosophy, clinical culture, and strategic approach to clinical excellence.
The Medical Director will bring a strong point of view about what quality mental health care looks like. You understand how the mental healthcare system today falls short for patients with treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders, and how innovative new models may address those shortcomings. You understand what matters to the broad range of key stakeholders that influence psychiatric care, and the steps needed to get Options MD out front. You’ll have the opportunity to design clinical and quality goals, build out a team around you, publicly represent Options MD’s clinical strategy, and impact thousands of lives every day.
- Ensure Options MD is delivering on its mission by:
- Develop, deploy, and scale the clinical care model (including conditions treated, modalities offered, care triage model, etc.)
- Partner in the creation and scaling of the clinician staffing model
- Ensure clinician quality and develop patient safety policies and protocols
- Identify, measure and report quality outcomes
- Become the external-facing clinical voice of the company, and a thought leader in the space (including participation in conferences, panels, etc.)
- Assist in business development activities including interactions with payers and potential clinical (and non-clinical) partners
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, and medical ops teams
- Partner with founders on strategic vision of the company in considering avenues for future growth, expansion to new disease states and conditions, enablement of new treatment modalities, and partnership opportunities
- Be involved with direct patient care via a small panel of patients (exact duration TBD based on clinical preferences)
- A board-certified psychiatrist with at least 2-10 years of progressive experience in care
- Experienced in clinical operations or business management. Experiences such as Chief Resident or Chief Fellow are sufficient.
- Preferably experienced in private outpatient or telehealth settings
- Passionate about transforming the delivery of mental health care and increasing access to high quality, comprehensive treatments.
- An expert on the levers needed to monitor and improve quality, bringing a strong vision for how Options MD should measure clinical excellence
- A leader and strategic thinker, building a team and organization around you to deliver success
- A strong communicator, able to clearly articulate problems and solutions for both internal and external stakeholders
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and problem solve, setting up the programs and pathways to guide our clinicians
- Have an entrepreneurial personality
You’ll Have the Opportunity To:
- On a case-by-case basis, work full-time or part-time
- Increase clinical strategy skills and learn product development skills
- Develop leadership and public speaking skills
- Receive equity in a high-growth startup that offers competitive compensation and job security
Our Culture, Mission, and Benefits
Culture and Mission
The team at Options MD believes that “treating depression doesn’t have to be depressing”. Options MD is a respectful, upbeat, happy and remote-first team united by our mission of being the last hope for patients experiencing treatment-resistance. We want our employees to be themselves and celebrate each other's differences. We trust our clinical team to do what’s best for patients and our fellow team members without bureaucracy. We prioritize self-care and are building a sustainable business for the long term.
As Part Of Our Team, You'll Receive
- The ability to work from wherever you want within the US
- Competitive pay and benefits that don't change based on your location
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- Health insurance coverage
- Annual stipend for continuing medical education and thought leadership conferences