San Francisco, CA
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
At PicnicHealth, Physicians on the Clinical Science team are responsible for translating, assessing, and augmenting our Real World Data (RWD) to develop actionable insights and evidence for our life science partners. We’re seeking an experienced physician researcher to join the team to provide clinical and clinical research expertise as we continuously strive to improve our data and expand into new disease areas.
As a Medical Director, Clinical Data on the Clinical Science team you will:
- Lead the development of new disease-specific data models based on key data elements that can be extracted from electronic health records, including both structured and narrative text portions of the record
- Become a subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities. Provide a clinical lens to our efforts further our understanding of RWD and methods to generate real-world evidence;
- Work with analytics team to transform real-world clinical data into actionable insights using data analytics, robust statistical methods, and compelling data visualizations accessible to a wide range of end-users;
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify clinical requirements, help develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and work with partners on publications;
- Conduct research to assess our data quality, identifying gaps and proposing solutions.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners (including life science companies, regulatory agencies, academic institutions, and health technology assessment bodies) to advance the integration of our clinical data, including through peer reviewed scientific publications.
- Help continue to build a world-class Clinical Science team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth.
- You hold an MD degree and additional experience in clinical research
- 5+ years post residency experience in a combination of clinical, clinical research, or population health/analytics roles
- Passion for working with clinical data and experience exploring it with a critical and thoughtful eye. You should understand at an intuitive level how key clinical concepts are represented in an EHR, how to assess the reliability of these concepts, and how to think critically about structuring these elements.
- You are self-motivated, flexible, proactive, and professional
- Ability to work independently, and experience leading a process identifying key clinical elements needed to answer novel research questions across a wide spectrum of disease areas.
- You enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and can effectively adapt your tone, content, and approach to diverse audiences. You can translate complex clinical concepts to a broad audience including engineers, analysts and business users.
- You know how to balance attention to detail with execution against tight timelines. You are passionate about our patient-centric mission to improve healthcare for all
- Have a track record of producing high value clinical research publications
You’d be an amazing candidate if you have some/any of the following:
- You have working/consulting experience in the life sciences industry or academia
- Experience working with standardized medical ontologies (OMOP, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, etc)
- Additional training and/or experience in a quantitative domain (epidemiology, biostatistics, data science, machine learning/artificial intelligence)
- Programming experience (R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Prior startup experience
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until January 2021. Once in-person work is safe for all team members, this role would be based out of our beautiful office in the Mission District of San Francisco. (May be remote eligible based on need)
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.