Withings is world-renowned for bringing elegantly designed, medical-grade health devices into the homes of consumers.
We are looking today for a Medical Director.
As Withings Medical Director, you will champion our clinical industry development and have an impact on the product development as well on the business side. The Medical Director will be the primary medical voice of the company both internally and externally. This leadership position reports directly to the CEO.
You are convinced that digital health is revolutionizing health and care. With your knowledge of the healthcare industry, you will foster a medical culture in the organization. You will bring medical expertise, supporting our teams in their effort to develop innovative products, and covering all aspects of medical, regulatory, and clinical affairs.
On the external side, you will initiate cross-industry collaboration on medical topics and will represent Withings as a speaker at conferences and events.
We are looking for a hands-on leader with a strong capacity for resilience and adaptation, who can be successful as part of Withings culture of innovation. You will join a passionate and dynamic team that is moving fast, aiming to disrupt healthcare !
- Provide strong medical/clinical expertise and concrete support to Withings teams in functional areas including R&D, Data Science, Marketing, Sales
- Provide guidance on the health care system, and track scientific & clinical insights, and developments in the industry through competitive intelligence
- Participate actively in our regulatory strategies and interactions with U.S and E.U. regulatory bodies (FDA, Medical CE). Participate in finding suitable predicates, and proof of equivalence
- Define a clinical trials strategy by being involved with the product team in the definition, analysis and reporting of results of clinical trials
- Contribute to the training and continuing education of Withings’ teams on medical topics
- Manage Withings Medical Advisory board and other medical consultants
- Represent Withings and develop our relationships with potential investors, medical regulatory bodies, and healthcare industry thought leaders.
- Medical Doctor (M.D.), board certified in cardiology preferred
- At least 4 years experience within the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of relevant FDA regulations and guidelines; prior successful interactions with FDA personnel is a plus
- Enthusiasm and deep belief in the transformative potential of digital health devices and technology for the healthcare industry
- Strong business acumen with operational mindset
- Capable of interacting effectively with external contacts and also internally within a multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position is based in our Boston office and requires frequent international travel to our French office (Paris), as well as to partner meetings, trade shows and events.
If you want to be a major contributor to the success of the next adventure of health, join us!