Palo Alto, CA
Curai is an early stage startup with a mission to provide the world's best healthcare to everyone. We're building a patient-facing virtual care service using a unique hybrid of world class artificial intelligence combined with dedicated human practitioners to improve quality and lower the cost and friction of accessing health care.
We’re looking for an outstanding physician leader to build and oversee the clinical components of our service. The successful candidate will guide the provision of care through the creation and management of philosophies and protocols, build and maintain a high quality virtual team of providers, and coordinate with other functional heads across the company (product, machine learning, operations, engineering) to equip our providers with the tools they need to provide the highest quality care as efficiently as possible.
As a team we strive to stay curious, build a high-performance and inclusive work environment, and empower one another. These behaviors are reflected in our company values.
In this role you will:
- Develop and continue to refine our philosophy of care and all underlying processes, rules and protocols
- Lead a small team of physicians to educate them on our care process and identify areas to improve overall care quality.
- Work together with top Machine Learning experts, engineers, and product designers to create tools and software that multiplies a physician’s reach by 10x.
- In a highly technically advanced company where humans will always provide the final critical link to our patients, represent the concerns and suggestions of our physicians to the rest of the organization while also pushing the physicians to adapt to a new way of providing high quality care.
- Work with other leaders at the company to help grow the team and shape processes and culture as the company grows
- Help the team represent Curai and the product to the healthcare industry with the right terminology, sensibilities, credibility, and be able to understand and answer questions from doctors, clinicians, informaticians, and healthcare industry leaders.
An ideal candidate has:
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine
- Demonstrated experience leading physicians in a clinical context
- 5+ years of clinical practice, ideally significant practice in primary care or deep understanding of primary care workflows and protocols
- Demonstrated experience driving innovation in a healthcare context
- Proven ability to advocate on behalf of physicians across a multidisciplinary organization
- Experience with telemedicine is a plus
We offer competitive compensation, and the ability to leave your footprint in the early stages of a company that will change the world. We are located in Palo Alto, in the heart of the Silicon Valley.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment at Curai.