Manager, Research Program Management
We are seeking a Manager, to partner with the Research Program Management Team and Sr Management to align and drive Research & Preclinical Development-wide initiatives. With the expanding breadth and depth of Regeneron’s pipeline, this position is integral to ensuring a smooth transition of assets from Discovery to Development. Working in a team, this person will be a central integrator of Portfolio and Pipeline planning activities, who can collaborate closely with Research colleagues as well as Global Clinical Development (GCD) to drive portfolio decisions and strategy. This role is both strategic and facilitative, requiring a forward-thinking individual with strong interpersonal skills, scientific acuity and the capability to adeptly shift between priorities. A successful candidate sees both the forest and the trees.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
Project, Program, Portfolio Management
- Integrates portfolio planning information for Research.
- Manages cross-functional teams to align and drive project or portfolio reviews and applies appropriate level of knowledge with a high degree of innovation and resourcefulness to influence projects or teams.
- Understands, frames, and concisely communicates key information, the relationships of individual projects to the broader portfolio, and the impact of decision making.
- Functions as a key central liaison and consensus builder between Research, GCD, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Finance and other functions in preparation for key reviews or decisions.
Discovery and Drug Development
- Combines scientific, technical, and industry knowledge to manage Regeneron’s pre-clinical pipeline, particularly at the intersection of Research and Development. Anticipates critical gaps, risks, or issues and proactively addresses them.
- Builds a detailed understanding of all core business functions of the organization and applies that knowledge to effectively support strategic and tactical initiatives consistent organizational objectives.
- Independently identifies and understands data and functions needed to drive discussion and decision. Quickly and proactively takes required next steps.
Process Management and Improvement
- Contributes to culture of continuous learning and improvement by defining, documenting, and assessing current standard methodologies and tools, and using metrics to inform data-driven decision making for process improvement.
- Creates processes with minimal guidance, develops, and gains alignment on process improvement solutions, earning trust from team members based on knowledge of technical/scientific challenges facing project teams.
- When appropriate, gains alignment and owns the effort in defining, developing and implementing new systems and tools to support new or existing initiatives, which may include those that support cross-functional/broader R&D business needs.
This role may be for you if you:
- Are a self-starter who identifies and helps solve problems, is comfortable with ambiguity, and is able to lead others to tackle issues of diverse scope and complexity to reach efficient solutions.
- Believe you are a standout colleague, with strong communication skills including the ability to build trust, influence, and relationships across a large and diverse organization, and resolve problems with tact, diplomacy and composure.
- Enjoy applying your foundational knowledge in biology or medicine to many therapeutic areas.
- Are comfortable independently making quality decisions with large impact.
- Engage and work effectively with junior through senior-level colleagues.
- Can lead projects of varying complexity and timelines simultaneously; prioritize projects, and work under consultative direction with work often self-initiated.
- Actively aim to build, strengthen, and lead high performance teams, and influence their direction.
- Are adept at tailoring communications based on audience and distilling complex information and identifying the most pertinent key information; effectively frames and communicates nuanced context for key partners and captures rationale for decisions.
- Have high standards of excellence and attention to detail.
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD degree in a related field and 5+/ BS or MS and 10+ proven experience in cross-functional scientific management, translational medicine, strategic planning, drug development, or portfolio management. You should have a high-level of understanding of the scientific and drug development processes and associated cross-functional dependencies. We prefer a candidate with a broad scientific, technical, and industry drug development knowledge, as well an understanding of translational medicine and clinical development considerations. It is crucial to have excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills; as well as the capacity to concisely summarize complex information.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.