Life Sciences Biostatistics Associate
Frazier Healthcare Partners
Menlo Park, CA
The Frazier Life Sciences team is looking for an exceptional individual to join our investment team based in Menlo Park, CA. We invest across the spectrum of biopharmaceutical opportunities (company formation through public companies), and are looking for an Associate to work on all aspects of our deals, from technical due diligence and creation of business plans to term sheet preparation and negotiation. We are a small and entrepreneurial team and are looking for an individual who can slot seamlessly into our fast-paced culture.
Frazier Life Sciences is committed to diversity and inclusion and we strongly encourage minority candidates to apply. Essential characteristics of the individual we seek include:
- Advanced degree in biostatistics or statistics (PhD) with ability to build and analyze statistical models of clinical trial and real-world data
- Significant work experience (2-4 years) in biopharmaceuticals / drug development, including venture capital or other healthcare investing, management consulting, investment banking, business development, or R&D management
- Outstanding analytical, modeling, and consulting skills, with a proven ability to organize and articulate the key issues around complex investment decisions
- Top-notch communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to quickly establish credibility with highly experienced entrepreneurs and executives
- Project management skills to work with and manage statistical consultants
- Excellent work ethic and adherence to the highest ethical standards
Please provide brief responses to the following three questions:
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- What is one area of science or drug development that excites you?
- What is one activity / interest that you are passionate about outside of work?
About Frazier Healthcare Partners
Founded in 1991, Frazier Healthcare Partners is a leading provider of venture and growth capital to healthcare companies. The firm has over $4.8 billion under management, with the Life Sciences team currently investing out of a $617 million Life Sciences-focused fund raised at the beginning of 2020. Frazier Life Sciences investments span the development and commercialization spectrum, from preclinical drug discovery companies all the way through cash-flow positive companies. Company creation has been a core element of Frazier’s investment strategy, and the firm’s 29-year history has helped to build an exceptional network of successful entrepreneurs and advisors to start-up, operate, and advise transformative Life Sciences companies. Frazier Life Sciences portfolio companies have been involved in M&A and IPO transactions worth over $20 billion in the past 10 years, and more importantly, have been the source of over 29 FDA approved drugs since 2010 in oncology, anti-infectives, cardiovascular disease, and other areas.