Life Sciences Associate
Frazier Healthcare Partners
Menlo Park, CA
Frazier Healthcare Partners - Life Sciences Associate
The Frazier Life Sciences team is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team based in Menlo Park, CA. We invest across the spectrum of biopharmaceutical opportunities (company formation through public companies) and are looking for an Associate to work on all aspects of our deals, including identification of companies to invest in or assets to form new companies around, technical due diligence, creation of business plans / investment angles, and term sheet preparation and negotiation. We are a small and entrepreneurial team and are looking for an individual who can slot seamlessly into our fast-paced culture.
Frazier Life Sciences is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we strongly encourage minority candidates to apply. Essential characteristics of the individual we seek include:
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD) in medicine or the life sciences
- Significant work experience (2-4 years) in biopharmaceuticals / drug development, including venture capital or other healthcare investing, management consulting, investment banking, business development, or R&D management
- Outstanding analytical and modeling skills and strong medical and scientific acumen; able to distill the key issues around complex decisions
- Top-notch communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to quickly establish credibility with highly experienced entrepreneurs and executives
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to multi-task and flexibly transition between several projects
- Hunger to learn, high degree of self-motivation, ability to work independently, tenacity to succeed
- Humility and adherence to the highest ethical standards
Interested applicants should submit their CV or resume and in lieu of a cover letter, provide brief responses to the following three questions:
- What is one area of science or drug development that excites you?
- What is an example from your career where your contribution has had meaningful impact?
- What is one activity / interest that you are passionate about outside of work?
About Frazier Healthcare Partners
Founded in 1991, Frazier Healthcare Partners is a leading provider of venture and growth capital to healthcare companies. With over $6.2 billion total capital raised (as of May 2021), Frazier has invested in more than 200 companies, with investment types ranging from company creation and venture capital to publicly traded companies and buyouts of profitable lower-middle market companies. Headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif., the Frazier Life Sciences team invests globally in private and publicly traded companies that develop and commercialize innovative biopharmaceuticals to address important unmet medical needs. Since 2005, 61 Frazier Life Sciences portfolio companies, many of which were created or seeded by Frazier, have completed IPOs or M&As.