Lead Psychiatrist, Massachusetts Or New York Licensed
Remote/Flexible | Boston, MA
Options MD | Lead Psychiatrist
Options MD is looking to hire our first Lead Psychiatrist. This role is a fully remote, outpatient clinical role requiring a 20-40 hr/week commitment. The majority of the role will be providing direct patient care to patients with a primary diagnosis of depression but can also include non-clinical time to focus on leading quality improvement projects alongside the Director of Psychiatry. You will need to be licensed in NY or MA.
Why work at Options MD?
Options MD is a mental health platform designed to improve the standard of care for patients with severe and treatment-resistant depression (TRD) through clinical care, care coordination, community, technology and research.
Clinical Care: We have an in-house team of psychiatrists and therapists that provide high quality, evidence-based care for patients with TRD. Our psychiatrists have the opportunity to grow their knowledge of TRD by collaborating with leaders in the field, including Dr. Carl Marci (former Director of Neuroscience at Harvard Medical School) and Dr. Andrew Leuchter (Vice Chair of Psychiatry at UCLA).
Care Coordination: Our care coordinator provides concierge-level support to the clinical practice by streamlining the intake, follow up, and referrals processes, and by taking on administrative tasks for our clinicians at every opportunity.
Community: Our patients have access to an online community of people struggling with TRD for peer-to-peer support. This community has over 6,000 members, with 70% engagement rates. Our psychiatrists value this unique, additional level of support we can offer our patients.
Technology: We use a digital intake tool that saves our clinicians time by gathering patient history before the initial evaluation. Similarly, our clinicians are able to easily track treatment progress through digital follow-up assessments that automatically prompt patients to complete PHQ-9s and GAD-7s between virtual visits.
Research: We use the information gathered from the experiences of our patients to publish research and gain clinical insights about our TRD patient population. As one of our psychiatrists, you will be the first to know about exciting new findings that you can incorporate into your clinical practice and, if interested, you can get more involved!
The founders, Morgan Hewett (former Facebook) and Kyle Pierce (a health-tech attorney), are two best friends who banded together after watching family members struggle for years to find the right treatment for severe depression. They felt let down by a system that was challenging and disheartening for patients to navigate. Morgan and Kyle joined with medical researchers from institutions like Harvard, UCLA and UCSF to form Options MD to offer hope to those struggling with severe depression by developing a space where patients can find the best treatment option for them.
Culture and Mission
The team at Options MD believes that “treating depression doesn’t have to be depressing.” Options MD is a respectful, upbeat, happy, and remote-first team united by our mission of being the last hope for patients experiencing treatment-resistance. We want our employees to be themselves and celebrate each other's differences. We trust our clinical team to do what’s best for patients and our fellow team members without bureaucracy. We prioritize self-care and are building a sustainable business for the long term.
Options MD is looking for a board-certified psychiatrist licensed in Massachusetts to treat patients remotely on our platform.
This role is a fully remote, outpatient clinical role.
In this role, you will:
- Perform psychiatric intake and follow up assessments through virtual intake visits.
- Prescribe medications, order labs and other testing based on clinical judgment.
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy and potential side effects of medications.
- Provide crisis intervention when indicated.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate patient care across an interdisciplinary team that consists of therapists and a care coordinator.
- Provide feedback to the Options MD medical director and research team, to improve patient outcomes and the overall patient experience.
The Team Member
All Options MD team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
You Absolutely Have:
- Board certification in Adult Psychiatry
- Active medical and DEA licenses
- License to practice medicine in Massachusetts
You Preferably Have:
- Prior outpatient clinical experience (we also welcome new grads to apply!)
- Experience with telepsychiatry or comfort using tech-enabled tools
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
You Are Excited About:
- A technology-enabled, data-driven approach to care delivery
- Tools designed to minimize administrative tasks, so that you can focus on caring for your patients
- Workflows designed for passionate psychiatrists who want to focus on treating complex conditions
- Innovation in the field of psychiatry, from diagnosis to treatment
- The ability to work from wherever you want within the US
- Flexible hours - you can set your own schedule
- Most- or Full time work (30-40 hours a week) with flexibility to hold research or external positions on the side
- Reasonable patient load (as low as 6 patients per day for a full-time role) and built-in administrative time
- Competitive base salary that doesn’t change based on your location
- Opportunity for additional compensation through performance incentives
- Leadership and career advancement opportunities