Investor Relations/Public Relations Manager/Specialist
Remote/Flexible | Carlsbad, CA
About Palisade Bio
Palisade Bio is developing novel therapeutics designed to improve human health through therapeutic protection of the gastrointestinal mucosal barrier. Our initial focus is combatting the interruption of GI function (ileus) following major surgery in order to reduce recovery times and shorten the duration of patient hospital stays. Additionally, Palisade believes that its investigational therapies have the potential to prevent the formation of postoperative adhesions (reducing hospital re-admissions and additional surgeries), as well as to address the myriad health conditions and complications associated with chronic disruption of the gastrointestinal mucosal barrier.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will manage the company’s external communications with the financial community and media, serving as the primary point of contact for both audiences,. This will include management of Palisade Bio’s external investor relations (IR)/public relations (PR) firms. The primary responsibility of this role is to help build the positive visibility and value of the company from an IR/PR perspective. Additional responsibilities include oversight of external company website to ensure all information is current and available. This position will be responsible for drafting, finalizing and disseminating public press releases via a newswire distribution system and compliance with related NASDAQ market requirements. Extensive meeting (telephonic and in person) coordination, along with Board level presentation creation, will be required.
- Primary support for overall investor relations and public relations activities.
- Drive ongoing messaging effort to best position company achievements and updates
- Create highly professional presentations and other communication materials for industry conferences, presentations to investors and research analysts.
- Manage the external website through outside vendors, ensuring there is a consistent corporate image and messaging, while providing necessary information to keep the site current.
- Organize logistics for investor conferences, investor road shows, earnings calls and other investor/industry meetings.
- Respond accurately and timely to investor/research analyst and media inquiries by ensuring appropriate party is contacted (externally or internally) to facilitate communications.
- Perform research and limited analytical work to support investor relations activities.
- Coordinate press release drafting, review, finalization and wire distribution. Ensure NASDAQ market notification.
- Draft scripts for financial and industry conference calls.
SCOPE & IMPACT: Corporate level supporting domestic and global activities related to investor relations and media. Significant impact whereas errors would compromise the corporate image and incorrect information could lead to harmful results.
External contacts may include patients, physicians, professional & retail investors, media and students.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e., Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting executive level team member(s), understanding the importance of professionalism, accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment as it relates to a variety of requests and inquiries, understanding that the highest level of confidentiality is required.
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills to create presentations that represent a clear corporate image with complex scientific information and content.
- Advanced Excel or database management skills to track and evaluate interactions.
- Project management experience
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve independently.
- Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with SEC disclosure requirements for a publicly traded company.
- Previous exposure to financial statement analysis and accounting
- Previous experience in finance, communications, marketing or similar department of a publicly traded company and/or public relations agency