Minneapolis, MN | Washington, DC
Vensana Capital, a leading venture capital and growth equity firm dedicated to medical technology innovation, is recruiting an investment professional to join our team in our Minneapolis or Washington DC / Virginia offices. This investment professional will report to the Managing Partners and will work collaboratively in support of the investment team.
As a member of Vensana’s investment team, you will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and executing on new investment opportunities across the medical device, digital health, diagnostics, and other subsectors within the medical technology field.
Vensana prides itself on its relationships with entrepreneurs in support of breakthrough medtech innovation. The individual will have the opportunity to engage with management teams and actively support existing portfolio companies. This position provides an exceptional opportunity to build experience in healthcare venture capital investing and company building through direct mentorship in a collaborative environment.
- Sourcing, evaluating and leading due diligence on potential investments opportunities, including technology, market and competitive landscape analyses and calls with physicians and other experts
- Financial modeling, including P&L analysis and market model development
- Investment presentation/memo preparation
- Conduct primary research using various data sources, including the internet, clinical/scientific literature and consultants to the firm
- Engage with and provide support to portfolio companies
- Create, update and maintain proprietary firm databases
- Assist in preparation of investor and limited partner presentations
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry, including investment banking, equity research, consulting, venture capital or an operating role with a medical technology company
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong financial modeling and presentation skills
- Academic achievement in the life sciences, engineering, or related fields with relevant advanced degrees (MBA, MD, etc.) or equivalent experience preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a talented team of investment professionals at a firm dedicated to mentorship and professional development
- Chance to make a real impact on the healthcare industry
Vensana Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.