Investment Banking Senior Associate (Md/Mba Or Phd/Mba Preferred)
New York, NY
Title: Investment Banking Senior Associate (MD/MBA or PhD/MBA preferred)
Chardan is seeking Senior Associates with both scientific backgrounds and business/finance experience to join its healthcare banking teams (investment banking, private equity, SPACs). Positions provide the opportunity for accelerated career progression, as the healthcare team is committed to mentoring and support for a range of skills and licenses necessary to excel in the healthcare banking field. Prior Chardan associates and other junior hires have graduated to impressive full-time senior roles at Chardan, and/or elsewhere in the investment banking, VC/private equity, and consulting fields.
Chardan (“Where disruption banks”) is a boutique, global, full-service investment bank. By focusing on disruptive technologies that can generate real value for society, Chardan has become a leader in genetic medicines, cell therapy, and other disruptive healthcare spaces. (e.g. Chardan is the #1-#2 bank for genetic medicines transactions over 2015-21, including the IPO/offerings for a Covid-19 mRNA vaccines company.) Chardan has additionally participated in company formation, Series A-C/crossover offerings, public equity and debt underwritings, reverse mergers, and 4 of the first 6 biotech SPAC transactions.
Job responsibilities (once fully licensed):
- Conduct and summarize scientific due diligence in cutting-edge areas of healthcare; with sufficient progress, participate in or lead scientific due diligence calls with key opinion leaders and companies
- Conduct company outreach and organize written pitch and marketing materials for client meetings
- Perform company/industry valuation analyses and complex financial modeling (including mergers)
- Support deal teams for the development, presentation, and winning of mandates
- Support deal teams in the execution of financings, M&A, and other transactions
- Complete regulatory licensing/training (e.g. SIE, Series 7 Top-Off, Series 79, Series 63) after joining
- Outstanding academic performance in a life science field (MD or PhD from a top university preferred)
- Prior business/finance work experience and/or academic study (e.g. MBA)
- Outstanding verbal/written communicator; highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated multi-tasker, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Questions can be directed to Caitlin Doyle, Director of HR.
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.