Investment Banking Life Sciences - V.P. / Associate
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC
New York, NY
INVESTMENT BANKING LIFE SCIENCES – V.P. /ASSOCIATE
H.C. Wainwright was established in 1868 and is a New York City based boutique healthcare focused investment bank. The company is dedicated to providing corporate finance, strategic advisory and related services to public and private growth companies across multiple sectors and regions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a Vice President/Associate to join a growing Healthcare/Biotechnology Investment Banking team in New York. As a Banking Vice President/Associate, you will develop expertise in the sector by conducting fundamental company and financial analysis, all under the supervision of a seasoned Senior Banker. In addition to honing your core financial skills and taking the Series 79,7 & 63, you will constructively apply scientific, industrial/clinical expertise to individual client products and pipeline developments, interact with company managements, and work closely with our Capital Markets team. A strong work ethic, excellent writing skills, ability to multi-task, work long hours, and a collegial attitude is essential for success.
- MD and/or PhD in related disciplines
- Minimum of 1+ years industry and/or clinical experience/training.
- Prior Investment Banking experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Seek out and establish new client relationships
- Tenacious at adhering to deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to define priorities
- Prepare and contribute to delivery of client presentations and interact with senior bankers, clients, lawyers, and accountants
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
COMPENSATION: Competitive with industry norms.